Hybrid cats

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
[Off-topic]
This is wrong.. all people have a certain percentage of Homo Neandertalensis and so-called Denisova Hominins DNA.
Interestingly enough, aboriginal australians have a much higher percentag of Denisova DNA than western humans, which might explain the immense difference in culture and even appearance to the first white settlers.
Not all, unless you are excluding south and central Africa, and parts of west Africa. DNA didn't travel both directions there. I'm fairly certain the Khoisan and Pygmy populations do not have those, and it's doubtful that anyone else does except for Africa north of the Sahara and east along the coast. Bantu populations from SE Nigeria / Cameroun wouldn't have that either, so that's about 300 million people give or take.

mike_sema

Hail Hogs
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2008
HOT Water
Not all, unless you are excluding south and central Africa, and parts of west Africa. DNA didn't travel both directions there. I'm fairly certain the Khoisan and Pygmy populations do not have those, and it's doubtful that anyone else does except for Africa north of the Sahara and east along the coast. Bantu populations from SE Nigeria / Cameroun wouldn't have that either, so that's about 300 million people give or take.
Ok ok STAY ON TOPIC, this is not about humans or our DNA lineage. CATFISH people catfish :)

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
How long have you had it? What's the growth like? Is it faster, slower or the same?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
You get to find out when you buy it. What a surprise! Really, he has only had these for a week. I don't think anyone on here is aware of this cross until now so how it turns out is a WAG.

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
Yeah, the smaller one didn't make it coz it was being oust by the current piece. However, the current piece is having some appetite issue :(
The marmoratus hybrids mostly died somewhat mysteriously if I remember correctly. Necro's is the only one I recall surviving past juvie stage. Hopefully your remaining pictus will last. I'm hoping the pictus cross turns out to be more durable than the marmoratus.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
People on mfk have kept niger x TSN hybrids. You have to do a little digging.

Oddball had one and sold it at 8".

Hes been the best info thus far.

Still haven't found anything about growing one out to maturity though.

Sent from my SCH-R530X using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mike_sema

Hail Hogs
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2008
HOT Water
People on mfk have kept niger x TSN hybrids. You have to do a little digging.

Oddball had one and sold it at 8".

Hes been the best info thus far.

Still haven't found anything about growing one out to maturity though.

Sent from my SCH-R530X using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Well let's hope you grow yours out to a beast.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
You get to find out when you buy it. What a surprise! Really, he has only had these for a week. I don't think anyone on here is aware of this cross until now so how it turns out is a WAG.
Ya that sucks. I totally wish I could buy 1 but each of them grow pretty big and fast and move a lot so I can only imagine that a hybrid would be the same. At least my goonches are extremely slow growers and pretty lazy so they would actually be fine in much smaller tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store