hybridization

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
Humans are Homo sapien, whether black, white, or any other.
Dogs are dogs, same species whether grey hound or poodle.
Flowerhorn is a cross of 2 species C trimaculatus and H severus, and/or maybe others.
Not the same.
I believe the emerging increase in the disease Duck Lips may be due to a recessive gene brought about by the hybridization in flowerhorns, not fact, but it sure seems to have dramatically increased since FHs appeared. Just as in agriculture producing disease susceptible crops, that originally had resistance.
The heros genus (Severums) cannot breed outside its genus. Mean they can't cross with anything but themselves.

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
The argument was one sided. It just takes responsibility, don't breed Red Devil and Midas and then pass them off as either or at all. There is nothing wrong with hybrids except in situations like that.

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
I agree i love my hybrids, but i also love my pure breds ( central am) and good clean genetics are a must

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
Duck lips are internal bactirial infection, likly not recessive although it is possible that continuous inbreeding could weaken emmunity raising chances of these infections, although with clean water and well kept fish these infections would not occur. I have had 3 cases of **** lip infection and lost only one of three fish and only because i waited to long. Fh are aggressive and fighting tends to open the opportunity to infection. As all experts always say prevention is the best medicine.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store