greenterra

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
wingbak48;597879; said:
im just saying dont release ur hybrids
dont sell or trade them into the fish store
keep ur hybrids at home
Don't release your hybrids?
Hybrids has nothing to do with that phrase.We should'nt release any aquarium fish.

Dont sell or trade?
If a person wants to buy a hybrid or sell it,that is their right to do so.
I don't see anyone telling you to buy,sell or breed a hybrid.No one is knocking you for keeping non hybrid species so why must you knock them for their choice.

Nova 8

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2007
South Australia
It looks more like a kid got to your fish with a texta. Ive seen dyed gourami with similar colour and pattern. I do like the FH shape though.

I personally don't like hybrids and try not to keep any (I own a trimac X which I saved from a bucket). My main problem with hybrids are the fact that alot of people who breed these fish are irrasponsible and sell them to LFS as their pure bred form and not a Hybrid. This lowers the quaility of the hobby for others who do not wish to own hybrids but buys one due to mis-labeling. If hybrids were sold as such I would not have such a problem with them. If you get bored of the 1000s of natural Cichlids, why cant you move onto antoher type of fish instead of fiddiling with the gene pool. If you really want better colours and some hard work, go marine and try breeding them.

Also just a quick question, aren't Discus just hybrids. Symphysoden Discus (subspecies d. discus (Heckel) and d. willischwartzi (pinneapple) and Symphysoden aequifasciatus (subspecies a. aequifasciatus (green), a. axelrodi (brown) and a. haraldi (blue) are often breed with each other to make more pleasing shapes and colours. Now I ask how many on the anti-hybrid side of the arguement have either kept or wish to keep Discus.

brandons fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
Ohio
Before I start if I offend anyone sorry not my intention I'm new here.
Ok I keep and Breed blood parrot fish a true man-mad (hybrid) back in the mid 1980s the first ones to be introduced to the pet stores the males where infertil, but over the years the genetics got better and now the males are fertill. when I sell them to the petstores I tell them they are a hybrid but they don't label them as hybrids just blood parrot fish I have done all I can by being honest as to what I'm selling, and they sell really good at the local pet stores so I'm not going to label anyone for what they breed,keep,or sell.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Humans are Homo sapien, whether black, white, or any other.
Dogs are dogs, same species whether grey hound or poodle.
Flowerhorn is a cross of 2 species C trimaculatus and H severus, and/or maybe others.
Not the same.
I believe the emerging increase in the disease Duck Lips may be due to a recessive gene brought about by the hybridization in flowerhorns, not fact, but it sure seems to have dramatically increased since FHs appeared. Just as in agriculture producing disease susceptible crops, that originally had resistance.

FishFreak95

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2009
New Mexico
Humans are Homo sapien, whether black, white, or any other.
Dogs are dogs, same species whether grey hound or poodle.
Flowerhorn is a cross of 2 species C trimaculatus and H severus, and/or maybe others.
Not the same.
I believe the emerging increase in the disease Duck Lips may be due to a recessive gene brought about by the hybridization in flowerhorns, not fact, but it sure seems to have dramatically increased since FHs appeared. Just as in agriculture producing disease susceptible crops, that originally had resistance.
Dogs are very likely intraspecific(within species ; sub species) hybrids.

Duck lips is not genetic disease, so your theory is wrong. Many flowerhorns are severely inbred do they generally have a weaker immune system making them more susceptible to diseases.

Flowerhorns have 0 severum in them so you obviously have no idea what you are taking about.

hybridization has made are crops and livestock more resistant too disease and higher growth. Lol

Sent from my SPH-D600 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store