I am selling my 125 gallon!

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
Idk if I am gonna be able to sell the 125 gallon. I haven't gotten any hits on it. I would love if I could just trade it for a 4 foot tank. That would give me the extra space I want in my living room.
Sent from my SCH-R760 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I kept and bred reptiles many years, it got to be too much, I lost a couple favorites due to thinking I could skip another day on watering and it got to hot while out of town in that room. Broke my heart.

So, over the last few years I stopped breeding, sold everything, and now only have 1 gecko and 2 snakes.

If I were married and settled I would do more things again, but I'm single and 39, always trying to grow and get out in the world, its tough the more stuff you have around the house to take care of.

If you had easy to clean filters and easy water change hook ups it shouldn't be such a chore, but it sounds like you went too big for your place anyways.

Relax though, it dosnt have to happen over night, and downsizing is a responsible thing to do if your feeling the pressure too much. Youll learn from it as well, think things through more next time.

I would love to have more room and more tanks, I just don't have the room, way easier than reptiles in my opinion.

For some, fish keeping and maintaining is stress relief, it gives us something we love to focus on and clear our heads,,,,,,,,for others,,,fish watching is the stress rel;ief. Mush different lol.

Take your time,,sell the tank, may need to lose a little which is an ok and mature thing to accept, we've all been their,,,,and get back to enjoying the hobby, best of luck to you, don't freak out.

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
I have a 350g tank and a 60g grow tank I've been doing once a week water changes for over 10 years now but its one of my biggest loves in life besides my family heck I have half of my fish tattooed on me so I can see them while I'm am work I guess, I'm kinda a fish nut but dont let the 125g stress you out maybe put it in the garage and save it becuz fish tanks lose like 75 % of the original "new" price once there used so it might be worth it just to store it untill your rdy;)

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
I have a 350g tank and a 60g grow tank I've been doing once a week water changes for over 10 years now but its one of my biggest loves in life besides my family heck I have half of my fish tattooed on me so I can see them while I'm am work I guess, I'm kinda a fish nut but dont let the 125g stress you out maybe put it in the garage and save it becuz fish tanks lose like 75 % of the original "new" price once there used so it might be worth it just to store it untill your rdy;)[/QUOT

IDK about 75 % dont scare the hell out of em.

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
Well where I'm from in socal a 125 gal tank with stand and canopy sell for like 1200$ nothing else and I can buy one on Craigs list almost any day of the week for 300$ or even less and thats with every thing not just the stand and canopy. I just sold my 135g with filters 200lbs of gravel decor and lights for 290 and it took 3 weeks to sell so that kinda gives you a idea.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
Same here in nor cal. New 125 g tank and stand will cost $1200, I bought a used 125g tank stand and light for $140 on craigslist

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
Well where I'm from in socal a 125 gal tank with stand and canopy sell for like 1200$ nothing else and I can buy one on Craigs list almost any day of the week for 300$ or even less and thats with every thing not just the stand and canopy. I just sold my 135g with filters 200lbs of gravel decor and lights for 290 and it took 3 weeks to sell so that kinda gives you a idea.
Wow. Why do people sell them so cheap now? Dosnt seem right unless they are hard up.

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Well if Im not gonna get what I am asking for it I matters well just suck it up and keep it.

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I feel pretty silly using the term "suck it up" when Im sure plenty of people with a smaller tank would love to have my 125 gallon. Im trippin... Lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store