I am selling my 125 gallon!

Eclipse390

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Hudson Valley, NY
You never get back what you put into it. I got my 150 and stand for $200 and that's in southern NY

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
Not that any on ones hard up but its a very small percentage of people that want to get a aquarium and maintain it and even a smaller percentage that want 100g+. So thats why they sell so cheap I see people post a 150g for 700 and I watch it go from 700 to 600 to 550 to 400 to 300 and some times 200 people just dont want to invest in it becuz the vast majority think ill just buy a fish tank some crapy filtration and some fish and ill be set, they dont kno the constant cost of up keep there fish die due to poor water, they buy more fish then those die and they get so sick of it they just want it gone. I talk to people all the time at my lfs and I ask what conditioner do you use and they respond with whats conditioner?? Or what temp do you keep your tank at? well how would I kno that??? Or is your tank fully cycled? whats a cycle???lol I could gone on all day.

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
Not that any on ones hard up but its a very small percentage of people that want to get a aquarium and maintain it and even a smaller percentage that want 100g+. So thats why they sell so cheap I see people post a 150g for 700 and I watch it go from 700 to 600 to 550 to 400 to 300 and some times 200 people just dont want to invest in it becuz the vast majority think ill just buy a fish tank some crapy filtration and some fish and ill be set, they dont kno the constant cost of up keep there fish die due to poor water, they buy more fish then those die and they get so sick of it they just want it gone. I talk to people all the time at my lfs and I ask what conditioner do you use and they respond with whats conditioner?? Or what temp do you keep your tank at? well how would I kno that??? Or is your tank fully cycled? whats a cycle???lol I could gone on all day.
What's a gallon?

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

AquaticAustin

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
You might get back what you paid if you bought it used. I made money on ALL of my used aquariums by buying them at a cheap price then selling them or piecing them out when I upgraded. If you bought it new then no chance and you would rather keep it then lose so much for so little time id imagine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
The only time I ever got my money out of a new tank was when the plastic frame had developed a crack and the company let me return it for a FULL refund! This was with a 'Top Fin' 120g made by Marineland at Petsmart. I had also bought the stand for it too and they refunded the full amount for both. With the price I paid for that new I ended up getting a brand new 210g with stand from someone on C-list who had bought it all but never set it up. It still had the Petstore price tags on it all!

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I purchased my 125 used for $450. I just want to get my $450 back so that I can get a 75 or 90 gallon set up.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
You might get back what you paid if you bought it used. I made money on ALL of my used aquariums by buying them at a cheap price then selling them or piecing them out when I upgraded. If you bought it new then no chance and you would rather keep it then lose so much for so little time id imagine

+1. I get all my stuff used off craig's on the cheap and sometimes FREE! I would rather wait for the right deal to pop up then go buy new.

AquaticAustin

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
I purchased my 125 used for $450. I just want to get my $450 back so that I can get a 75 or 90 gallon set up.

Thats pretty high for a 125g imo but every market is different. Id probably pay up to 300 if it was a nice setup (not a petsmart special setup)

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas

As stated earlier, it depends on the market. I picked my 125 up with stand tops and lights for $400 (never filled). When I sold it a little over a year or so later it sold for $500 with 2x added hobs and 2x heaters.

If you feel like you got a good deal on it when you got it, then you're probably in the clear. If it were me, I'd post it for $500 and let someone "talk me down" to $450. You might just be surprised, thats what I had planned and the tank sold within minutes of being posted with no haggling.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store