I beat Mother Nature!!!

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
Zfishies;4321991; said:
Hope!!! I know that Maroon is fully grown though
Um that maroon isn't even close to being full grown. Most likely since you're already having slight territory issues it'll become very bad later on with the maroons as the only two surviving...

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
It all stopped now I just fed them and turned off the lights an there all huddled together. I have 2 Maroons one 1inch and the other 3-4inches I would think that is fully grown? Mistake me if am wrong but I've never seen a maroon get bigger then that and isn't there always the chance of an oddball?

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
Well the big one will be the dominant female in the tank, the others mite stay juvinille or be subservient males and therefore stay peaceful, but shes not done growing they max out just under 6".

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
Ohhh ok so there is still a good chance am not going to add and more clowns then i'll add maybe 2firefish/gobys or 2pink athens witheither 2 choices I'll add a cleaner shrimp and 2 anemones to keep there minds off everything and all that

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
Zfishies;4322164; said:
Ohhh ok so there is still a good chance am not going to add and more clowns then i'll add maybe 2firefish/gobys or 2pink athens witheither 2 choices I'll add a cleaner shrimp and 2 anemones to keep there minds off everything and all that
well i wouldn't say a good chance but its a chance none the less lol. Adding a anemone mite be a bad idea, it mite produce territory problems.

duster1971

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Iowa
The best way to prevent conflict is to not have them in the same tank but adding the anemony r two may cause conflict as they all might want to cohab with just one or even none of them. Having an anemony in the tank does not gurantee the clowns will cohab with it.

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
If you create territories that clown preffer to live in (anemones) then you are almost guarenteing that two will pare up and host (if they would even host) and the others would want to host as well but would be pushed/bullied by the larger maroons, and even if they hosted, and if you had a second and they hosted, you would still have an odd one out who would be picked on by the others in the tank.

As for preventing fighting, thats kinda up in the air, they may be fine so long as they cannot develop territory, they may be fine only for a short term untill the rest hit adult size. But assuming with enough hiding spots and proper feeding they shouldnt hate eachother to much... but that being said they aren't predictable so in the grand picture the only way to know is time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store