ITHURTZ

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Antioch IL
2 gallons later of kitchen and bathroom semi gloss
20141230_145040 by smetters20, on Flickr

20141230_145050 by smetters20, on Flickr

Picked up 5 sheets of 5/8 plywood, and some 2x4's. Apprently menards ran out or moved their bigger lumbar outdoors for some reason, was ALWAYS on the shelf inside. I wasnt about to go outside in todays temp and search for it, maybe Ill hit homedepot I dont know. I hope to have it framed out by the end of the weekend.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Looks nice enough to keep ur spouse out there and move the fish back inside lol :). U always seem to prevail, movin with monsters sure aint easy, i been there. Well done so far!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

KAWAMIKIE

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2010
New Jersey
Looks good so far.
You may not have enough power out there with a single 20amp circuit. You need to add up all your equipments wattages and convert to amps. That oil heater probably draws 1500 watts alone.

ITHURTZ

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Antioch IL
heater on full power would be 1500, but will be running it on medium, not full. Might push 150 watts for all pumps, cant see over 250 for all lighting (above tank for plants not fish), I can see 1200watts total. Simple is the game, no need for 10 things in each tank. Confident a 15amp would do fine, 20 just gives me some room.

Running out of things to do in house until the windows come in and carpet so I think tmw I shall start the tank build, 3 weeks until I have to be in that house, time is flying.

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
Water to fill it I will just run a 3/4" ID hose connected to a hose that connects to the shower run it out the window into the back yard into the shed to fill. If a water change is ever needed I will just do the same.
You do understand a water change is required like once a week correct?? LOL... You said " if a water change is ever needed" They are needed all the time buddy!!!

ITHURTZ

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Antioch IL
Incorrect, a water change is only needed at the fault of a person. The 75gal once went a year without "water changes", just top offs, and a few 50% changes just to replace the water. A quick search of thy name and you can get a little understanding of how.

lardieleftover

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2014
san diego
Go look at threads and stickies for the importance of water changes in tropical freshwater tanks. Especially with tanks with large bio loads and heavy feeding.
Not changing the water is essentially mis treating the fish.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Go look at threads and stickies for the importance of water changes in tropical freshwater tanks. Especially with tanks with large bio loads and heavy feeding.
Not changing the water is essentially mis treating the fish.
Go read a thread about plant only filtration or an article on aquaponics and leave the o.p. alone. Plant filtration systems are now used for natural pools and even drinking water purification. U guys r pretty dense. Aquaponics systems are self sustaining. I ran one with koi for 3yrs with no waterchanges and no fish casualties....also heavy feedings ;). Fish create waste, the plants eat the waste and in turn purify the water....simple science. Dont rag on people for using different methods that you may not comprehend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store