I started a crazy project - Big ray habitat

Tommydeal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
Dracut, MA
royalray;1913912; said:
anyone can suggest a good name for my new park?
Utopia

You should talk to Mike at H2O (he's in the Vendor forum). I'm sure he can give some input on filtration.

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
nice work..captive breeding.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
This is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep up the monster work and be sure to post updated pics! :cheers:

royalray

Candiru
MFK Member
May 21, 2008
Under the hot sun
My project have 2 level, double storey tank, i plan to have the top level with all 4 side with glass, water level will be 80cm on this level, will be having 2 row 2nd level, each row will have 6x 3.5m x 3.5m x 0.8m. i plan to use 15mm glass, is this enough? anybody have experience of fixing glass on concrete? I am thinking to use stainless steel U shape to frame up the glass, use silicone to fix the glass with the stainless steel frame, then fix the whole frame (with glass) into the concrete. of course the concrete will have all neccessery iron bar, i am using 12mm iron bar for all the structure inside the concrete. have used a total of 4 tons up to now, i guess may need another 1 ton.

any input on how to do this glass with concrete? thanks....

royalray

Candiru
MFK Member
May 21, 2008
Under the hot sun
Beun;1914054;1914054 said:
Fantastic project!

I would use a very large (high) wet dry filter system :)
Hi Buen, are you actually Lode? I saw your pearl ray new baby, very nice.... any chance to have some of them and let them swim in my new tank? hahaha... if you are selling, pls PM me.....

regarding the wet dry filter system, I have incorporate it in my system, for wet portion, i will be using the brush, like those they use in Koi filter system, as for the dry portion, what can i use? Bioball? or any stone from vocalno? or any other you can suggest? i need to consider the effect of PH on the material used. Is it better to keep the water at acidic PH or neutral or slightly alkaline? i understand that the PH is important parameter to the amonia and NO2. the higher PH, the more dangerous of amonia and NO2.

My system will be continueing jetting new water into the system, and continuous overflow out. with my total water capacity of 300,000L, it will be quite impossible for large volume water change.

I appreaciate very much for any valuable advice from you on this matter. as this is the most important part for the whole system.

rook45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
new jersey
........................................................................(speechless)

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
OMFG!

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
:WHOA: :eek: :headbang2 :nilly: :popcorn: OMG thats gonna be awesome...

michael

Tri-State Fish Hoarder
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2005
Dirty Jersey
Looks like it will be quite amazing. Keep us updated

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store