ID check

lujor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Here&There
Is the strange shape of their stomachs normal for pbass this size? They healthy looking?

Smitty0044

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2010
Nashville TN
lujor;4371481; said:
Is the strange shape of their stomachs normal for pbass this size? They healthy looking?
Odd shape thats weight lol trying to get these guys monsters look at a bass next time and see that they do get "Over weighted look" just looks mean in the tank.. Girth might be the right word

lujor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Here&There
Yeah, I thought they looked too lean, but I have never owned a pbass so I asked the question. Pics are often deceptive too tho.

Smitty0044

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2010
Nashville TN
hillbilly;4372166; said:
IMO, I think this one needs to gain a little weight.
I feed them every other day with pellets and fridays i throw in a couple dozen fish i dont see how they are lean maybe im doing something wrong pls help if so do i need to everyday or not as much first batch of pea cocks bought another one yesterday :screwy: at my LFS said they were treverso if thtas how you spell it but it looks pretty similar to the ones i have already paid too much i think 20$ sounds high and he was beat up pretty good bought him because i felt bad lol typical animal lover.

And having a farm mix is that bad in the trade kind of like a mut in the dog world?

Thank you for your help
Smitty

And how did the MFK logo pop on there thats cool thank you :headbang2

hillbilly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Western North Carolina
Ideally, small, juvie fish should eat their body weight daily to grow properly. Once they start getting some size on them, you can start to cut back on feeding.

Casper2000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 19, 2008
New York City
Word what hillbilly said. If you really wanna pump these guys for max growth feeding everyday is a necessary. When my little bass with less than 4" he was in a growout tank with 50 feeders at a time, never starving lol. Now I feed him shrimp every other day

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store