ID THIS GAR PLEASE

ethnics

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
SouthEast SD
its a shortnose gar, look at all my recent post about mine. very awesome specimans but grow super quick and will eat smaller tankmates

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
its a shortnose gar, look at all my recent post about mine. very awesome specimans but grow super quick and will eat smaller tankmates
Ethnics.. will you please stop trying to ID gar..please pretty please..you do not know crap about them and you suck at it..That and you do not even have a shortnose for the fifth or sixth time..All you have are Florida gar (L. platyrhincus)

Just 5 months ago you where asking for ID because you knew nothing about these fish and most of the time getting your threads closed over and over for the fact your in Cali which is an Illegal state..why do you insist on saying you know anything about these fish.

The fish pictured is either Lepisosteus platyrhincus or L. oculatus..without detail it is hard to say which. I personally would lean toward Platyrhincus as these are the common fish in the hobby.

rob0521

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2007
south florida
Polypterus;860378; said:
Ethnics.. will you please stop trying to ID gar..please pretty please..you do not know crap about them and you suck at it..That and you do not even have a shortnose for the fifth or sixth time..All you have are Florida gar (L. platyrhincus)

Just 5 months ago you where asking for ID because you knew nothing about these fish and most of the time getting your threads closed over and over for the fact your in Cali which is an Illegal state..why do you insist on saying you know anything about these fish.

The fish pictured is either Lepisosteus platyrhincus or L. oculatus..without detail it is hard to say which. I personally would lean toward Platyrhincus as these are the common fish in the hobby.
wow........ way to just go off like that

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
Polypterus;860476; said:
my mistake here you do have a shorty..I correct myself when I'm wrong...
...and from what ive seen you dont have to correct yourself too often...youre the go to gar guy on here. if polypterus says it's a florida then it is more than likely a florida!

Crazy Taco

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Well we dont need someone here that THINKS they know how to ID Gars. When it comes to it I know that Polypterus is the best at it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store