Id this gar

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
Does everyone know an electric eel isn't an eel? Or a Moray for that matter? Its irrelevant. Facts are facts. Oft-times things are named for distinguishing features or characteristics reminiscent of different creatures. Whether a tiger fish looks like a cat is obvious... but it does have features reminiscent of a tiger. I personally think that Ctenolucius Hujeta is 'gar like' in appearance, so the common name is apt. Google the latin name and see what comes up. There are a whole host of common names, many incorporating the word gar.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I personally think hujeta pike look nothing like gar they would look more like a pike. Electric eel look like eel and even feel like an eel when you hold a dead one up. I think you never understand what I say in the first place.

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
I personally think hujeta pike look nothing like gar they would look more like a pike. Electric eel look like eel and even feel like an eel when you hold a dead one up. I think you never understand what I say in the first place.
Let me clarify something... I didn't name the fish thus. Somebody else did, likely long before we were both born. Not only that, but enough people agreed with the name that it stuck. If you don't agree that's fine. But don't dispute what is fact. I will say though, that if you can see no 'gar like features' in the hujeta, maybe it should be you rather than I that visits the doctor. Or at least invests in a good pair of glasses.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store