Idea's Quick? Exterminating house, ? Fish

fishnthings

" id rather be a goldfish "
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
Pensacola
delgado rottbo is right once again... i have done it with my 3 55'w.. a 75' and 220........ so quit bashing other peoples ideas if youve actully done it:swear: (u might now fish but you dont know all;))

inline4

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
they make those bubble releasers that release oxygen into the water for live bait fish when you go fishing. seal the tank really well and jus drop it in the water. try those.

viciousconvict

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2006
Raleigh
generally, I would agree with delgado, because its pretty much the only surefire way, and rottbo's idea I think would also work, although I don't use powerheads in any home tanks, so i don't really know. but depending on how much time you have , you can set up an oxygen farm. Any tank 5+ gallons will do it. use some high quality substrate in the bottom of this tank, and fill it with tank change water, no filter necessary. then, put in as many cheap plants (java moss, jave ferm, etc as you can find. then, seal off both tanks with plastic, but first put a cheap air pump w/hose from one tank to the other, and seal it up completely, sealing the holes w/ caulk or hot glue. A nother length of air tubing should go froma Co2 farm to the o2 farm. a co2 farm is basically a soda bottle w/ sugar and yeast. This step (co2 farm) is optional. Be sure to cover the filter on the big tank as well. I cannot offer a guarantee on this method, because you are basically turning your tank into a microcosm for a short period of time, and it generally takes a couple days of adjusting the two tanks and testing the system to get it right. The more time you spend on it, the better chance of it working, because you have to fit the need sof your fish. Really, the best choice is to do as delgado said and just move the fish, probably the whole setup too. If you don't move the stuff, EVERYTHING MUST BE COVERED. I only use my oxygen farm for power outages.

fishnthings

" id rather be a goldfish "
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
Pensacola
yes i guess he could do that if he feels like stressing his fish even more... id just do what we reccommended

viciousconvict

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2006
Raleigh
:nutkick: what were you saying about bashing other people's ideas? i'm the first one to point out my own flaws, but man, that was harsh. I've never noticed it stressing my fish. I bow to you in deference to your fish keeping skills;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store