In New Jersey, about to lose my entire tank......trying everything I can!

Ptrick125

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown Texas
For the record I kept all my fish alive in a fish only marine tank for over 24hrs in a house that lost electricity with no alternate heat source with just blankets. I don't think it ever got below 75, this was during a brutal subzero event too.
If the heat was the same, I would rather lose power in a SW tank... The LR does the filtration. As long as you have heat and LR a SW tank would be fine.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Glad to hear it worked out for you! abit of joy in all of this is never a bad thing!

we4wieners

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2010
Atlantic City, N.J.
Im a firefighter in Atlantic City and have been more busy with fire over the past few days than over the past several years. I am so grateful for the little damage I recieved. So many people I encounter at work have lost everything. They come begging and pleading for us to do something, and we simply cant. I can offer some prayer and an ear, but my hands are tied. I feel so bad for these people who are wiped out. I am bringing blankets and jackets to put on my engine to hand out to those we encounter. I would probably get suspended if my chief found out, but I am driven my human nature and not by rules and regulations. I am a captain, therefore I make my own decisions in regards to helping in anyway I can. So damn sad!!!!

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
^^^ Good for you. If your chief had a problem with that I would report him to the higher ups. Keep doing what you're doing and thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

aquaticdreams

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2012
Sayreville
Hey everyone my name is Tyrice and I am a local retailer of saltwater in Sayreville. I was affected by sandy as well fortunately I only had minimal damage to my home and did not lose any live stock. I am offering my services to those who lost their stock due to the storm. I am willing to let you order directly from my wholesaler at the price I pay to help you get back into your hobby. Please feel free to contact with any question 1-862-259-2782(aqua) my website is www.eraquaticdreams.com. Remember these prices are for those that were truly affected by the storm. Our prayers goes out to everyonne.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store