Induced dwarfism in freshwater stingrays ??

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
How would you feel if someone purposely put your butt in a cage so you could not grow over 3 feet tall?

fook

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
us
It makes me think about the lfs telling people that fish won't outgrow their environment. It's true but only in a more morbid sense. I probably wouldn't have outgrown my diet when I was 6 months old if my mom would have kept me strictly on that diet.

tiercelr

Feeder Fish
Mar 28, 2012
Mexico City
How would you feel if someone purposely put your butt in a cage so you could not grow over 3 feet tall?
I cant even fathom why someone would post this????? :banhim:
If you are unable of to say good information using civilized words about why may be better or may not on to do a some idea exposed in the forum so please don´t reply on my post and keep you out from my posts unless you shift out for to be ables for to say valuable and useful information as do the adult people. The people is here for to learn and for to leave away their unknowed faults but not for to tolerate free bullying from people without nothing better for to do, thanks.

fook

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
us
Nobody is bullying you, dude. Your question was pretty "out there" and your grammar is even worse. If you want to act like your asking a ligitimate question then don't be surprised by ligitimate answers. It's a dumb idea for plenty of reasons. Sorry. Maybe you should take the advice you asked for and learn from it.

Elasmofreak

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
Michigan
Nobody is bullying you, dude. Your question was pretty "out there" and your grammar is even worse. If you want to act like your asking a ligitimate question then don't be surprised by ligitimate answers. It's a dumb idea for plenty of reasons. Sorry. Maybe you should take the advice you asked for and learn from it.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

hereticlosmorte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
Ontario, Canada
he/she is from mexico, so english is not their native language.
although i do agree with you on the question they asked, i would never want my fish stunted by small enclosures because it always leads to health issues/death.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Hi, its possible to induce dwarfism in freshwater stingrays if they are keeped in small aquariums as may be one of 100 liters if the freshwater stingrays are started living there since they have a teacup size ??

The purpose is to maintaining them with a size of less than 12 up to 15 inches diameter or less even if they may reach from 3 to 5 years old living inside of such a 100 liters tank. The purpose is forcing them to stay indefinitelyment in a dwarf size even if they have reached their adult stage.

Anyone have tried successfulyment this with the freshwater stingrays ?? Thanks in advance for your replies. Regards.
if you put a new born human baby in a shoe box would that become a dwaf or would it die

this thead is rubbish were do people get the ideas from all because they cant have a big tank to keep rays

i bet you are hoping everyone will say yes so you can go out and get a ray to keep in your 100 lite tank

that said i do remember that a well know shop in the uk was sell a ray they called dwaf retics

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store