Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
apriliarider15;4321916; said:
And I don't get the maintenance issue... I have to do water changes on my predatory fresh tanks at least twice a week.... my reef gets a water change every two months.
REALLY!!??!!?? - DIdnt realize that was possible? :) PICS?!? :D

johnson5585

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 17, 2008
California
Since I have added my ATS (Algae turf scrubber) It does not seem I will have to do any water changes (If the goal is to remove nutrients) All of my numbers stay at zero now. And I add supplements as needed. Unless someone can tell me there is another reason to do regular water changes other than to remove nutrients I wont need to anymore.

I had two FW tanks. Both are now salt. One reef and on predator.

My next tank will have to be a shark tank though. But since you said 100 gallon I would say try a reef tank if you want more of a challenge.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
I laughed.. I cried.. this thread amused me. Done SW.. actually hubby wants one so gonna go back once my 40B gets outgrown. SW and FW imo is like comparing Apples to apples.. Just different types of apples.. neither is better then the other they just taste different. IN either hobby you can spend a butt-load of money.. Just think in SW top notch equipment is even more important then FW. proper equipment makes saltwater easy for all but the most ignorant of aquarists. It's alot different then it was 20yrs ago ( So my father always told me when my reef was running, lol)

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
WHOA!!!! Care to share your experience with the octo?

duster1971

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Iowa
I to am interested in the story of the octipus. O and nice shark lion and frogfish. And gr8 have you decided yet don't make me go buy something off the wall and buliutiful just to sway you lol.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
duster1971;4367933; said:
And gr8 have you decided yet don't make me go buy something off the wall and buliutiful just to sway you lol.
BUY SOMETHING!!! School is starting so things are on hold for now....

TheCanuck;4368473; said:
that looks like a mimic octo too, look them up on youtube.
I know what it is, just wanted to here his experience with them. :)

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
Gr8KarmaSF;4370608; said:
BUY SOMETHING!!! School is starting so things are on hold for now....

I know what it is, just wanted to here his experience with them. :)
ah, well for anyone that doesn't know what a mimic octo is they are missing out. This guy is officially a badass for owning one...:headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store