INSPIRE ME PLEASE!!!!

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Shark pond FTW...I would love to have something bigger to get a pair of black tips or the like and try breeding them.

For now I guess I will have to stick with the smaller guys...but someday.

perfect_prefect

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2008
iowa
would only be able to house a couple bamboo's its only 4x8 so 2 full grown bamboos would be pushing it, but it would make for a nice setup..... maybe one day.

nonstophoops

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
perfect_prefect;4908146; said:
would only be able to house a couple bamboo's its only 4x8 so 2 full grown bamboos would be pushing it, but it would make for a nice setup..... maybe one day.
4 feet by 8 feet? That is plenty big for a couple bamboos to roam around.

How deep is it? That will affect the ability to keep the water quality high. Deeper the better on that, but even if shallow it would be plenty of space.

kkwa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2010
San Francisco
I must say after playing around in freshwater for awhile it does get boring. I have a 4 month old salt (Fowlr currently) and find that much more interesting then my 240g fresh. BUT! Feeding action in my salt tank just doesn't compare to my fresh water fish atm.

Give salt a try Jerry. I'm planning to change the fowlr into a reef tank and I've already had thoughs of ditching fresh and using the 240 for salt.

Before I started salt I did a search for "top 10 things needed for salt aquariums" and the top 3 listed were:

1. $
2. Time
3. $

LOL its expensive but imo well worth it. Someone also said the ladies love it....which is TRUTH!

nonstophoops

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
kkwa;4912904; said:
I must say after playing around in freshwater for awhile it does get boring. I have a 4 month old salt (Fowlr currently) and find that much more interesting then my 240g fresh. BUT! Feeding action in my salt tank just doesn't compare to my fresh water fish atm.

Give salt a try Jerry. I'm planning to change the fowlr into a reef tank and I've already had thoughs of ditching fresh and using the 240 for salt.

Before I started salt I did a search for "top 10 things needed for salt aquariums" and the top 3 listed were:

1. $
2. Time
3. $

LOL its expensive but imo well worth it. Someone also said the ladies love it....which is TRUTH!
Ya Jerry, do salt, be broke, and get ladies!!! lol thats too funny.

I do agree.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Well...I dont know if I have ever gotten any action from having a sw fish tank, but lots of people have commented on my reef.

Hopefully this 125 will be good enough to bring in the ladies! :D

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Thanks for the input guys!

Funny this was bumped because somethings actually come up on my radar that Ive always wanted but have never had the chance to obtain until now. Stay tuned.....

perfect_prefect

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2008
iowa
nonstophoops;4908226; said:
4 feet by 8 feet? That is plenty big for a couple bamboos to roam around.

How deep is it? That will affect the ability to keep the water quality high. Deeper the better on that, but even if shallow it would be plenty of space.

lol i know it would be big enough lol it would also have my whitemouth, snowflake, emperor angel, dogface puffer, peacock grouper, orange toadfish etc. it would have a nice reef style setup in the center with plenty of room around the outside for the bamboos to swim. its 30" deep btw.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store