Is my tank cycling "ok"? With Pics!

calpoly12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
Paso Robles, CA
Gonna upload pics here in about 10 min!:D
thisissimple;4704879; said:
definitely do a water change. You should be doing them just the same as when the tank has livestock. 10% a week. The tank will still cycle fine.
Alright sounds good :) .One quick question, how do you clean live sand?I heard that you can use air pump tubing to clean small tanks like mine. Also I heard its possible to clean the top of the sand (i.e. the algae) into a bucket. Then drain the water out of the bucket and if there is any sand that got sucked up you can just dump it back into the tank.

Go ahead and add the korallia. that would be nothing but good. You don't need the chemi pure right now, I would take it out till you stock the tank. Also, the filter floss under the chemipure is probably redundant.
Gonna buy a korallia soon. Just took the chemi-pure out and the second fiber floss.

keep the salinity and temp stable, and just wait there Mr. Paranoid. Sometimes this takes longer than others.
:nilly: I'm trying :grinno:

calpoly12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
Paso Robles, CA
Here are some pics, the thermometer wont be there permanently I just have it there so I can make sure the temperature doesn't alter throughout the day. The algae is quite darker in person.

IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

calpoly12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
Paso Robles, CA
FLESHY;4705064; said:
Petco sells little digital thermometers for like $9. A worthwhile investment.
Ill swing by there right now and pick one up, for $9 u cant beat it! Any in particular that you would recommend?

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Ah...cant name if off my head, too lazy to go upstairs and check. They have 2x varieties at least here in wisco they do, and both are under $30. GL

calpoly12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
Paso Robles, CA
FLESHY;4706052; said:
Ah...cant name if off my head, too lazy to go upstairs and check. They have 2x varieties at least here in wisco they do, and both are under $30. GL
unfortunately didnt get the time to do it today but Im going tomorrow for sure! Just found a $40 check I havent cashed!!!!:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2: I was going to spend it on food, as Im a starving college student:grinno:,but I think Ill get some more stuff for my tank instead! O well looks like top ramen and beans for another week for me

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Hey man, you have to make priorities...fish or food...glad to see you made the right decision. :D

calpoly12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
Paso Robles, CA
FLESHY;4706225; said:
Hey man, you have to make priorities...fish or food...glad to see you made the right decision. :D
Of course!!! After all i am a responsible fish owner!:hitting:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store