Is my tank gonna break...?????

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
The tank held, and now is up and running, Full switchover complete right down to fish just got put into his new crib! (Of course, he had to pull a typical Aro moment, in true Aro fashion) He bashed the top of his head really hard, peeled the skin, to the gray mater or cone or whatever, it bled, but he's just fine.

All this fish are happy with their temp. bigger home. I can't wait for my 150!!
It's not ready for pics, so I'll post pix when the tank is all fluffed up.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
meiling;717022; said:
he's in a 55, going up to 75 while waiting "anyday" to get my 150 (people are on Vacation that have my 150) so, I planned this tank change all along, going with the growth rate of my other Aro's, he didn't stay true to form. He has grown so fast I can't believe it. He was a 6" baby in October and now he's 16". So I feel really bad, I know it's terrible!

I've had bad bad ju ju when it comes to getting a new tank. One was undersold to someone else, one broke, one cracked, ahhhhh so I really think this weekend I'm going to get that tank where I can test it and have him switched over tomorrow, it's not alot of difference, but it's still bigger, and it's not that big of a project.

It'll be like a fancy waterchange!

goal=one happy Aro

What the heck you feeding your aro, 10" in less then 5 months. :WHOA: So much for the theory the keeping 'em in a small tank will slow thier growth.
I'm sure your aro will enjoy the extra turn around room.

Can't wait to see some pics

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
Well, he's an Aro in a new tank today. He's really pissed off this morning. Coiling, thrashing, snapping his jaws. So I doused him with more blackwater to calm him. I thought he'd LOVE his bigger tank. What a brat. He's still eating through, just getting used to something new. I feel better, it went smooth except where he headbashed to top of his head going back in the tank. little idiot. So, that was a snap, I can't wait to get him into that 150 now.

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
meiling;718479; said:
Well, he's an Aro in a new tank today. He's really pissed off this morning. Coiling, thrashing, snapping his jaws. So I doused him with more blackwater to calm him. I thought he'd LOVE his bigger tank. What a brat. He's still eating through, just getting used to something new. I feel better, it went smooth except where he headbashed to top of his head going back in the tank. little idiot. So, that was a snap, I can't wait to get him into that 150 now.
we have a 16" gar who is a brat too. we just tried putting a piece of driftwood in his tank and he hated it. fish are so moody! im working on getting a 150 also. nice pics by the way! happy to hear the switch went smoothly!

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
oh yeah. btw...what is black water? not to hijack or anything. thanks!

prophets

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2006
USA
demjor19;719506; said:
oh yeah. btw...what is black water? not to hijack or anything. thanks!
Its a natural additive that helps to calm down aro's and other fishes.
Its like adding a driftwood unrinsed , to get the tannis in the water.

Check out the link.

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
do you just buy black water or what? and where? then mei can have the thread back! thanks

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
does anyone know if those dark, rich, brown branches that you get at pet store for your birds or reptiles will do that? cause i like the blackwater look and the shape of the branches i just don't know where to find blackwater stuff for sale.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store