is there anyone on MFK in Med school or planning to apply to med school?

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
Onion01;3516011; said:
here's an uplifting tip...being a doctor is much more about dedication than intelligence. If you put in the time to study, you will get good grades. With few exceptions, there is no one not cut out to handle the rigors of becoming a doctor.

where were you back when I was 18? :) lol

I didn't find it quite that simple but I look back and wonder if I could have done a little better in first year than I did had I managed time better. I found that with the courses I was taking, there was never enough hours in the day it seemed. labs, assignments, quizzes, bell ringers, research..and that didn't include all the hours of lectures LOL

I was your classic case of an incoming student with high marks from highschool, whos marks dropped a lot in first year..it was a big change..

iloveoscars702

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2008
Canada... i wish.
Onion01;3516011; said:
here's an uplifting tip...being a doctor is much more about dedication than intelligence. If you put in the time to study, you will get good grades. With few exceptions, there is no one not cut out to handle the rigors of becoming a doctor.
no doubt about it ;) but does u of t really look down upon sat scores? Should I take it again and trya and get a better score? If some reason i'm not Ble to get into u of t... What med schools are comparable? I was looking at u of Miami

iloveoscars702

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2008
Canada... i wish.
12 Volt Man;3516278; said:
not sure about the MCAT scores for U of T, but I do know that U of T's med school is arguably the most difficult to get into in Canada.

for science and medicine, U of T is tops in our country (spoken like a true U of T science grad LOL)
Yeah i've herd that alot... Both my parents work in the hospital so I know a lot of the doctors they work with. So If do stay in Vegas for premed/undergrad I have good chance to intern or voulenteer at the hospital. Hopefully the meeting I have this saturday Answer a lot of questions

iloveoscars702

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2008
Canada... i wish.
12 Volt Man;3516423; said:
you may find this link helpful (or scary :))

http://www.md.utoronto.ca/admissions/statistics.htm

scroll through the rest of the FAQ and you may find some answers to your questions as far as U of T goes.

good luck!
read a lot of stuf. kinda made me question about going to u of t. :irked:, i guess i have to complete an equivalent of four year Canadian Bachelors degree because they dont accept any transfer students. do you guys know any good marks about the med school at U of Miami??

dennisdeng2002

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2008
Maryland
Don't sweat your SAT scores, once you get into college nobody will care about anything you did in high school. I'm not sure but I think I read that you're a senior in HS right now? I wouldn't worry too much about what medical school you're going go to, focus more on going to college and finishing your pre-med first. As long as you keep relatively good grades, score well on the MCAT, and become involved in the medical field (IE volunteering at hospitals, etc), you'll have a good chance at getting into your choice of medical school. It's good that you're thinking of your future but you need to slow down and take it one step at a time.

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
short of murder, nothing you did in high school matters in college

iloveoscars702

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2008
Canada... i wish.
dennisdeng2002;3518515; said:
Don't sweat your SAT scores, once you get into college nobody will care about anything you did in high school. I'm not sure but I think I read that you're a senior in HS right now? I wouldn't worry too much about what medical school you're going go to, focus more on going to college and finishing your pre-med first. As long as you keep relatively good grades, score well on the MCAT, and become involved in the medical field (IE volunteering at hospitals, etc), you'll have a good chance at getting into your choice of medical school. It's good that you're thinking of your future but you need to slow down and take it one step at a time.
Onion01;3518693; said:
short of murder, nothing you did in high school matters in college
thanks... and yes im a senior in high school

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store