• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
this is the update now after i got my lights new air pump and a couple of gange valves the
the first pic if of what i got in the mail it consisted of a tetra whisper 300 (which was rated at 150 gal and 30" of water on the website i bought it from) rated at 300 gal and 8' of water, 2 12 blue bubbles stones, 8' air tubing, 16 oz aquarisol, 20 oz. stress coat, 4oz. krill, 11.3oz, cichlid sticks, and 3.53oz. goldfish flake(not pictured). i got the light from a LFS this past weekend.not bad for less then 100$ shipped

the second pic is with the aquarium lights on and the basement light off i had to make sure the bubble stone on the left stayed away from the inlet on the FX5 (don't want any air getting in there)

the last one is of the tank light on and basement lights on notice the air pump on the pillow ( it's huge!!) i don't have it full of water yet b/c i don't have the pastic backs for the tops yet b/c the guy i bought them off of is still looking for them so i'm holding off on buying them for another week or so

things i still need are the sponge filters (2 hydro Vs) and i want to get some air tubing holders (small suction cups with tubing holders on them) i hope that they come before the weekend b/c i WILL NEED to get some fish friday reguardless if i have my sponges or not. (i'm running low)

I again will repost when i either get fish in there this weekend or when i get the sponge filters and they are in

100_0793.jpg

100_0797.jpg

100_0796.jpg

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
Merbeast;1613359; said:
... except for all the nitrates they will produce. I don't think he is looking for cost efficiency (note the fx5 and other filtration), so there is no good reason for gravel. Gravel would just make it harder to clean the tank.

Yes i do NOT want gravel or ANYTHING in the bottom of this tank for mantanace reasons i want ez as possible to clean i will need to clean often as for cost affective i don't care about that b/c with all the things that are in this tank i can turn around throw a background on it and add REAL fish and make a cool lil community tank out of it so cost on setup isn't a big deal with what i can do with this tank sould i not need the feeders anymore

Kdcarey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2007
Florida
I dont think this is cost efficent at all your using that as an excuse to hve a 75g feeder tank lol

now tht is something u can brag about

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
Kdcarey;1615449; said:
I dont think this is cost efficent at all your using that as an excuse to hve a 75g feeder tank lol

now tht is something u can brag about

no its not something that i want to brag about no its not cost efficent in the setup aspect of what i have done but in the aspect of having a 75 gal up and running for whenever i want to put better fish in it is effective i have the money now so why not do it

If u want to come in and be ill manored about it just don't post if you would have read the whole post not the last two pages u would have seen i never said this was cost effective i said that i have the money due this with the amount of overtime i have been working at my job and my reds will eat alot of feeders (along with pellets and krill) that i get tired of driving 50miles round trip to get feeders every weekend b/c i do not have a good gas mileage vehicle so why not make this setup

it's one of those things that if i wanted to brag i am in the wrong forum i wanted toshow that it's being done weather of not it's a good idea thats the question and if i'm wrong then i will admit it but if i am right and it works i will have documented it and ppl would see that u can keep a VERY large amount of feeders in there home if they so wish

so i ask u the next time u post ANYWHERE that u read the whole thread not jsut the parts u want and educate yourself about the topic and what is trying to be done to acheive something however right or wrong it is

i am willing to accept failure

SemperFish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2007
Hubert, NC
Dont get discouraged. Stay with this project and keep us posted on how it works out and how you make it work. Im sure plenty of us want to know how you keep it ballanced and maintained over the long term.

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
no discouragement at all this project will get seen through for at least 6 months i am going to get at least 500 feeders this friday ( assuming the LFS has enough and they look good) this should not be a problem thou i have a good lfs that keeps pretty good care of there feeder stock and with the rate i have been buying the turnover in there feeder tanks is good so i should end up with a good batch as i have posted this allready i will post pics and keep u guys updated on the water perameters and how often i have todo water changes to keep them in check i will also repost pics when i get the sponge filters (should have allready been here)

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
koop171;1628183; said:
got the first batch of 500 today ill post pics in about 15 min when i get them taken
Good for you...Way to see it through...
I wish I had seen this earlier in the month, because I would have suggested doing fishless cycling and making the bio-load extreme so it would have been ready for the 1K goldies all at once...
Good luck to you brother, way to be a pioneer in the home feeder supply...:headbang2

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
o.k so this is HALF of what i would like to stock in this 75 feeder you are looking at roughly 525 feeder golds i just got 500 and had 25 or so in there allready

the first two pics are the fish in there bags being floated each bag had 100 fish

the next two are the fish out of bags about 15 min later the water temp is only about 75

the last pic is of them "schooling" in the left side of the tank they also do this in the right too

i had a loss of 7 fish on the ride home for a death rate of 1.4% on the ride home

i am going to do a big water change tonight on this tank along with changing out the media in the FX5 and adding more ammonia remover

i have noticed that there is one problem right off the bat the really small golds that die ALMOST get sucked into the inlet of the FX5 i think that i will be doing a small screen on it to keep any small fish out of the filter thats the last thing that i need

when i do the water change tonight i will also do a check of the water perameters and go back and check them again in about three days i will then post yet again to let you guys know how the permameters are doing along with another deathrate count i have a API master test kit so i will be posting all the good stuff pH, amonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate algo with that update i should have may stupid sponge filters by then (SHOULD allready have them)

so if the filtration cannot keep up there will be more with the addition of the sponges they should be in by wedensday

100_0815.jpg

100_0817.jpg

100_0818.jpg

100_0820.jpg

100_0821.jpg

SemperFish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2007
Hubert, NC
Im actually anxious to see how this goes for you. I'll be moving soon and upgrading my tanks which will leave me with 2 60 gal tanks. I plan on making one into a wet dry but you got me thinking about turning one into a feeder tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store