It dats not stable

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
If your frustrated with the color of your IT's now, the frustration will most likely continue..Rare 100% bold colored indos usually are like that early on & stay like that..Even if they are bold colored at a young age, it is still very likely he won't show those same colors when large. Switching your IT's around from the tank to the sump & viseversa isn't gonna do anything for your long term happiness with their colors..you might be just stressing them out which will cause their colors to be very inconsistant. Stressed IT's tend to have more color. Any access to thinbars or ngt where u live

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
All back in the main tank now. I would rather they be happy and eating with unstable colours than stuck in the sump on hunger strike! They all eating again now but all unstable. Just going to leave them alone now and keep the biggest in a years time.
If your frustrated with the color of your IT's now, the frustration will most likely continue..Rare 100% bold colored indos usually are like that early on & stay like that..Even if they are bold colored at a young age, it is still very likely he won't show those same colors when large. Switching your IT's around from the tank to the sump & viseversa isn't gonna do anything for your long term happiness with their colors..you might be just stressing them out which will cause their colors to be very inconsistant. Stressed IT's tend to have more color. Any access to thinbars or ngt where u live

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Yeah, they'll def do better in the main tank. Yep, keep the biggest in a year and concentrate all efforts on growing him huge. Worrying about colors might only be a distraction to the biggest challenge which is maximizing his growth potential

Xia

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2014
New York
I currently have 2 IT, one stabalized as soon as it hit the tank from the LFS and the other one is still unstable even though its actively swimming around and eating. Im sure the size has to do with it too. Might also be a hit or miss type of thing.

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Interesting thread on stability of dats. Mine seem to become more stable when he gets his food, but during the day, his colors are pretty decent.

collins1007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2014
indonesia
Keeping datz mean accepting that they are unstable. Kept my datz for few months, they just stay unstable most of the time. Dont try to make them stable, that will only stressed the fish, all you can do is hope one day they turn stable. Hope and patience is all you need.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store