I've done it

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
ill get all details from him later on and let you know but i have some good news :D im really starting to see what your saying with nothing but plants and have good faith in this...

mshuangchao

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2007
China - 珠海
You know, I had dreams of making a green house for fish, your the first guy I've seen doing it! Good luck, you seem to know what you are doing and you got my support!

mshuangchao

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2007
China - 珠海
...just make sure it doesn't overheat...

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
severum1;2019402; said:
For now there will be no oxigen problems. The tank is very big for this 2 rays. I know rays need lots of oxigen in the water and when they will grow up i've planned to have a pump, only at night, working with green energy. It's all in my thread. And i'm planning on having some sort of heating to.

IMO the problems are the PH that is a little to high and the conditions at the arrival.
Good Idea having the pump at night.. I am sure as familiar as you are with 'green energy'; you know quite well that plants produce Co2 at night when they are not photosynthesizing.

pH is usually not an issue when it comes to rays unless they are freshly wild-caught, especially the sensitive types like Tiger/Flower rays..

pH IS an issue if you have ammonia problems because the higher your pH the more lethal it is..

Interesting, whats so special about this plant filter junk, Nic?

Better than Matrix!?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek:

Let's hear it.. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

If it's as good as you all make it I will throw my rays in the dog's kiddie pool tomorrow.. it's looks just like that pond!

mshuangchao

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2007
China - 珠海
Or you could combine the forces of plant fiteration and mechanical fiteration, now that would be awesome!

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Hope the rays make it, keep us updated!!!

severum1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Portugal
Bogwoodbruce;2019437; said:
Those look bad damn, i hope they pull round, i do think that you should use some filteration on the pond but thats just me!
We'll see.;)

Nic;2019535; said:
ill get all details from him later on and let you know but i have some good news :D im really starting to see what your saying with nothing but plants and have good faith in this...
As I told you, I believe everything will be ok.

mshuangchao;2019951; said:
You know, I had dreams of making a green house for fish, your the first guy I've seen doing it! Good luck, you seem to know what you are doing and you got my support!
Thank you

mshuangchao;2019967; said:
...just make sure it doesn't overheat...
The one that I have in the moment is there for 3 or 4 years and i never had heating problems. So I believe that i'm not going to have that kind of problems with this one. In Winter I have to heat some tanks because I have some fishes, African Cichlids and American Cichlids, that need some high temperatures that I can't have here in Portugal all year.

Miles;2021696; said:
Good Idea having the pump at night.. I am sure as familiar as you are with 'green energy'; you know quite well that plants produce Co2 at night when they are not photosynthesizing.

pH is usually not an issue when it comes to rays unless they are freshly wild-caught, especially the sensitive types like Tiger/Flower rays..

pH IS an issue if you have ammonia problems because the higher your pH the more lethal it is..

Interesting, whats so special about this plant filter junk, Nic?

Better than Matrix!?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek:

Let's hear it.. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

If it's as good as you all make it I will throw my rays in the dog's kiddie pool tomorrow.. it's looks just like that pond!
The tank is very big. In this moment i think that he as more than 3.500lt of water and the rays have 20cm each. He's heavely planted so my experience tells me that there are no problems concerning this matter.

I'm worried about the PH, because it's a concrete tank and the concrete turns the water very alcaline, and the burns they have. But I don't have amonia in there and that is a good thing.

The experience I have with filter plants tells me that they are very effective and I believe Nic is confirming that. Wen he can I think he's going to tell is experiment.
You only believe if you try it. With me it was like that. I didn't believe it, but I have tried it. And now I don't want anything else. Of course that you need to have lots of plants, lots of water and lots of space to mantain big fishes. It all depends in racio plants, water, fishes.

mshuangchao;2021710; said:
Or you could combine the forces of plant fiteration and mechanical fiteration, now that would be awesome!
And that is what i'm going to do latter.

Gr8KarmaSF;2022034; said:
Hope the rays make it, keep us updated!!!
I will.

dzb912;2022044; said:
:(

Bogwoodbruce;2022902; said:
How are they doing mate????
I don't know yet. I believe tonight i'll have some news.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store