I've done it

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
Miles;2021696; said:
Interesting, whats so special about this plant filter junk, Nic?

Better than Matrix!?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek:

Let's hear it.. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

If it's as good as you all make it I will throw my rays in the dog's kiddie pool tomorrow.. it's looks just like that pond!
something ive been talking over with severum with and a experiment thats all... since his original thread ive been very interested in this.... i plan on using this indoor's with rays when im back on my feet.... but there are some fish not too far from me that spawned in a set up do to his thread and set ups :D
nothing special....

i can say severum is on to something here and he is right and i believe his rays will be fine... only reason i can see death coming to them is from there condition on arrival....

severum1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Portugal
Than you Nic.

Someone that believes in what I do and how I do it, with good results to!!!

I’ve been there last night, after work, but it was to dark and I couldn’t see anything. I’ve changed 1.000Lt of water, trying to lower the PH. But I haven’t seen deaths, so I believe it’s a good sign.

I hope that next Saturday I’ll have more news regarding this.

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
I agree that water volume and a veggie filter can be successful..

I used floating plants for a long while in my 100g long with 3 retics.. I did make the mistake of pulling them out and feeding thereafter. Keep in mind that the plants consume Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate in all 3 stages so it can have a diminishing effect on your nitrifying bacteria. When I pulled all the plants out, I did a heavy feeding and had a bad ammonia spike. :( killed a juvie jardini.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126846&highlight=plants+rays
link there

Anyways, good luck with your future ventures!

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
I know Severum's place and I vouch for what he has going on, there...the fish thrive perfectly and are in tip top condition, all of them.

severum1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Portugal
I just come back from my greenhouse.

The ray that was in worse conditions died.

But I have captured the other

and she's better :headbang2

I released her in the tank

and next day i saw her eating some shrimp

I hope that will continue

This is a picture from the planted side

In my thread you can see more pictures.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
I have no doubt that if someone can do it, it is you, Alberto.

severum1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Portugal
To help proving what I say about plants see this picts

Look carefully

Can you see it? You can see the amount of oxygen released?

And this even more interesting

Even algae oxigenate. Interesting no?

This is an apointment about the oxigenating work that plants can do in our tanks/ponds. But they do a lot more.

And I think it's possible to have rays in such conditions. As i've told several times for big animals, as rays, big volumes of plants and water are needed. But it's possible.

Thoughts? Ideas? I am right or wrong? I would like to see this issue more discussed.

The energy that can be saved if big fish farms use this method? Have you thought about it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store