JellyFish TANKS: The Hobby is Expanding!!

DarthLungFish

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
EARTH
Yeah, Very Cool. If I win the Lottery, I'm getting one guy!! I'll post the Pictures after my world tour though. LoL :ROFL:

DarthLungFish

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
EARTH
Cool, Please Post Pictures. I'm sure the nano set-up is a sight to see with those in the water!:D

lil_blue

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2006
Idaho
did anybody else scroll down and see the coral fragment tank, i would never pay 1500 for that, imagine how easy that is to make!

i also agree with whoever said that jellyfish need to stay in the ocean or public aquariums

everybody loves to see them, but theyre very hard to keep, and and and, think about how the jellies feel, they need a wide open ocean, not a cramped lil tank that is offered there

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
I always thought jellyfish would be cool to keep but I dont see how you could becuase they seem like they would need alot of space and I thought they poped when they came to the surface of the ocean w/alot of light (I could be wrong - I am slatwater retarded) but would they do that in a home aquarium, if that is true? Anywho I tooke these pics of a jellyfish aquarium awhile ago: =)

S4010154.JPG

S4010150.JPG

skinless

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2005
Edmonton, CAN
there are programs out there about the captive jellyfish breeding at the monterey bay aquarium. wild setup. would be cool to see something like that in someones basement.

shekes

Jessica Rabbit
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
Toon Town
Are there any fresh water jellies?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store