JellyFish TANKS: The Hobby is Expanding!!

serafino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Those tanks have been around for a very long time. Jelly fish tanks are referred to as kreisels. They are very expensive because the glass or acrylic has to be curved and not just simply stuck together. I would not recommend any nonprofessional in keeping pelagic jellyfish. They are very sensitive organisms and some have a potential of harming you. Filtration is difficult too since its extremely easy for them to get stuck in them. I have cared for jellyfish before and its not easy. First off you need to breed your own copepods etc.. They can not catch dead food. You need to be extremely wary of water params and monitor them like a hawk. If you like jellyfish leave it to professional set ups and go see them at a public aquarium.

bfhslilred93

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2008
new england
ive seen stuff on this before it would be cool to have but expensive

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
jelly fish are cheap. Very cheap and very easy to house. Their growing patterns differ from jelly to jelly. Also the different stages. It is possible to keep them in a tiny tank on your desk. simply amazing. Jellyman is very knowledgeable and i would roll with him if you plan on keeping them. I read through some of your threads on the desk top tanks. You took some great bashing and explained yourself well

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
DarthLungFish;420482; said:
I don't know, it got my interests. Just too much money though to spend on the tank. I would rather spend that on a new 500g from GlassCages!!:grinyes:[/QUOT

Sharks and Rays

chloe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
portsmouth/southampton/crawley, UK
if love a jellyfish tank....but i think the money might hold me back lol
x

sahir99

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2010
dallas
i have jellyfish and they are pretty sweet i have japenese sea nettle 3 in 150g round aquarium

all icould get i couldn't get the sea nettle it was way too fast all i got was my mangroves

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store