Just had a stingray die and don't know why horrible day

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
If you had lots of air in the sump going through the water it would make it just fine up to the display tank. Water holds oxygen for a good while.

Could it been a lack of oxygen I have a pondmaster air pump in the sump and did not have air running into actual tank? Sump was low full air tube was not submerged. Just added another pondmaster to add air directly into tank. Just racking my brain. Thank you all for your comments realy apprciated thanks

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Did water parameter tests again and good could old food in sand have caused. What is best wAy to treat bacteria so other rays not affected?
If it was old food in the sand then your water parameters would be bad and oxygen would only play a part if your tank is heavily stocked.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Only thing you can do is send in for a necropsy, at least this could give you "some" answers.

I've sent in several. First Marble they found bacteria, and recommended a med which I used. The last ray I sent them (one of my prized Falks) they found nothing with, clean bill of health.

I imagine without their help the last ray would also have bacteria, since they didn't at least I feel like something was gained by it. They don't bill for the necropsy, but it does cost a bit to get the ray there in decent shape....

Would gladly share info for the place I send to if anyone's interested.... Maybe if they get more rays (mainly study catfish) they'll get better at helping us figure out how to better care for them....

Scott Evergreen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2014
Montana
Other ray just died. Posting photos. Bad year in fish keeping first my MMJ store was broken into thieves couldn't get in safes so busted my 250 with my VATF and Aramatus now this. Gonna clean out tank and start again thank u so much everyone for all the posts thinking towards earthworms was cause

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Darn darn darn. So sad. And they were eating just fine and everything?

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
That's a shame they were both so beautiful. Hope you resolve what happened.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store