Just had a stingray die and don't know why horrible day

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
This sucks mate, really sorry to hear of the loss of 2 beautiful rays. Why do you think it was the earthworms? Where do you get the worms from?

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
I took 2 rays in for necropsy at our state university. Cost me $200+ and found out little. I did, however, find out that there was no bacterial infection... so that was a plus.
Sorry for your losses. Most of us here know exactly what you are going though :(

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Sorry again for the losses. It truely sucks not knowing what the causes of death were.........

Raymann88

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Really sorry for your loss. I had that happen last summer to one of my 3 year old BD females - eating well - came home to find her dead in the tank. Other 3 rays were fine. Couldn't pinpoint the cause.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Scott Evergreen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2014
Montana
Thank you everyone for your posts. Just cleaned out tank and sump. Gonna let sand sit for a week then time to get going again. I'm thinking earthworms because after cleaning out tank and sump was clean of all debris and water parameters still good. Gonna send rays out to see what really happened. Really looks like a bacterial infection after looking at my departed rays but i will find out. Going to get tank cleaned and cycled then stocking with rays and maybe peacock bass also. Hit me up if you have pups or bass you are willing to part with. Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store