Just to share and "Show Off" some of my gars... hehe

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
That's awesome! You must get a pretty penny over there for those, theyre becoming so popular in that area its astounding. I even read of a invasive population of gars in Thailand, more then likely released pets

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ThaiGars

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2013
Bangkok
Hi Joao

Thanks for your kind words...

Well, Platinums do cost couple of thousands in us dollars...

Its generally that rate in Asia too...

I think the reason why USA has so little of it is because to other people fish is just a pet.

But in Asia, fishes are a culture, a symbol and for some "feng shui"

That is why most Asians keep fish and are willing to pay high high crazy prices for some of the more exotic ones.

Anyway, thanks again for your kind words

Fantastic gars. Absolutely spotless.
And you may find this hard to believe but in my country we only get floridas and even those...either by special order or wait until some lfs decides to take the risk of importing. I had to wait ages to get my 5 florida gars...Once in a while (rarely) we see an alligator. Regular one off course and only once in a (long) time
So, you have hundreds of platinums, in the US they get a few (and cost some thousands of usd), in my country, we see the pictures.
Well, at least I was able to see your wonderful animals.
Thanks for showing them

ThaiGars

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2013
Bangkok
Hi BuffaloPolypteridae....

Thanks alot for commenting as well...

Platinum Gars are getting pretty popular here thats for sure...

Not enough supply vs demand...

Cheers

That's awesome! You must get a pretty penny over there for those, theyre becoming so popular in that area its astounding. I even read of a invasive population of gars in Thailand, more then likely released pets

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Energy

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2005
Tropical Minnesota
Gorgeous Plats! I have been looking for some. I need one to keep my golds company. Im working on breeding these-any words of advice to speed up the process? I'd like to see if crossbreeding a gold florida or shortnose would be possible with a plat alligator.
IMG_3982_zps8c0d4c9d.jpg

IMG_3982_zps8c0d4c9d.jpg

ThaiGars

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2013
Bangkok
Hi Energy,

Nice Golden Gars...

To be honest I do not wish to discuss controversial issues like cross breeding here...

MFK is very sensitive to these kinds of topics...

But, YES! I have ever crossbred gars...:headbang2

Will post a picture of my Golden Gar too...

Gorgeous Plats! I have been looking for some. I need one to keep my golds company. Im working on breeding these-any words of advice to speed up the process? I'd like to see if crossbreeding a gold florida or shortnose would be possible with a plat alligator.
View attachment 951837

wilsonhuweishen

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2013
Malaysia
my dream is to becoming just like you, Thaigars, you are the real monsterfishkeeper, i salute you, yes its not about selling or others, its more than just craziness and passionate towards these beauties which words can't be describe, recently i had a gar for about 2 and a half inch keeping in a 4x2x2 tank with my 2 ft RTC, i kept them for only a year, such a shame to tell this, but now planing on making bigger home for them but with no idea, i had house to built pond anyway, been ever thinking of Energy golden gar setup and design as well, hope you can give me some ideas for their housing and tank design which is long lasting, appreciate if you do give me some advice and your experiences

ThaiGars

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2013
Bangkok
Hi wilsonhuweishen,

Thank you for your kind comments and words...

Well, I prefer to not be too "expert" and just share what I know or experience.

MFK is really sensitive and you should know this as well...

I think being a noob in this forum I am not of any status to share any "expert" advice...

Just want to share my pride and joys here with everyone...

Should you need any help or gars you can choose to pm me... and we can take it from there...

Cheers

my dream is to becoming just like you, Thaigars, you are the real monsterfishkeeper, i salute you, yes its not about selling or others, its more than just craziness and passionate towards these beauties which words can't be describe, recently i had a gar for about 2 and a half inch keeping in a 4x2x2 tank with my 2 ft RTC, i kept them for only a year, such a shame to tell this, but now planing on making bigger home for them but with no idea, i had house to built pond anyway, been ever thinking of Energy golden gar setup and design as well, hope you can give me some ideas for their housing and tank design which is long lasting, appreciate if you do give me some advice and your experiences

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store