K1 media

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
i have someone who is going to take it i was just waiting for a yes or no from you

i paid £59 for 50 liters of k3 i will let you know if i have any left over as im not sure if i will need it all i will prob only use half so you can buy the other half if you want as you can only buy 50 liter bags
That would be great, thanks very much :)

zungaro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2008
n.ireland
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjzxm3V4
couple of pics of second part of my filter,1000 liter plastic tank,800 liters of water ,bout 300 liters of k1 fluidised by about 70 lpm air with a circulation of about 12000 gallons an hour.got a couple of hundred liters of statics and this deals well with about 70-80lbs of fish.the k1 ,s a good reliable maintenance free part of the filtration

ultimatejay

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
USA
I have been using k1 for 2 years now you need to put it in a bag or it gets everyeere in the sump

It also need to move to self clean

My sump is run full so no wet and dry its set up like a giant canister filter

It also floats so I just have 3 big air stones in my sump to move it all around and air the media more

My dump has eheim efimech on the bottom then eheim substrate pro then the k1 floating on the top this is all in the big main part of the sump

The 1st part of my sump were the water comes in has jap mat which is like the course pad in a canister filter
I can't stand filter socks

The next part of the sump has bio balls

The 1st and 2nd parts of the sump are both 30 long x 10 wide

I stir all the main part of the sump up once per month and turn the drip up full over night so about a 50% water change
The tank goes like soap and would scare most people but it's dupe clear the next morning I then wash the jap mats the next day just like you would a pre filter

Been running it like this and had no problems

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
The k1 is not designed to be used in bags. Each individual unit needs to be free moving to take full advantage of the media. By putting it in bags and letting it float around your doing nothing more than floating a
Bag of bio balls. I'm sure bacteria will grow and it will work but not as well as a free moving fluidized bed like shown in the video before your post.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
The k1 is not designed to be used in bags. Each individual unit needs to be free moving to take full advantage of the media. By putting it in bags and letting it float around your doing nothing more than floating a
Bag of bio balls. I'm sure bacteria will grow and it will work but not as well as a free moving fluidized bed like shown in the video before your post.

this is why im dumping the k1 and getting k3 the k1 gets everywhere

but it still moves around in the bags as i have so much of it prob 80 liters

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
K3 up and running

Jap mat 1st then 50l of k3 moved by 3 big air stones
Then loads of efimech and substrate pro

Click link

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m122/T1KARMANN/4cca2d53.mp4

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
link not working click the pic

peterp63

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
On a boat!
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjzxm3V4
couple of pics of second part of my filter,1000 liter plastic tank,800 liters of water ,bout 300 liters of k1 fluidised by about 70 lpm air with a circulation of about 12000 gallons an hour.got a couple of hundred liters of statics and this deals well with about 70-80lbs of fish.the k1 ,s a good reliable maintenance free part of the filtration
Awesome! Exactly how I plan to filtrate my pond but my plastic totes will be buried to utilize gravity feeding versus using a pump. What size air pump are you using??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store