Kenyi x5 with Red Zebra x5?

Mokujin22

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2009
Gatihersburg, MD
Hey Liz,

I think you're off to a great start! Your videos look great and the ratio should work.

Only thing I would do is spread the rocks out a bit so throughout the tank to give different fish their own territories. When they get bigger and more assertive, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up with one fish taking over that whole cluster and all the others at the other end or in the top corners of the tank. Kenyi get big and angry.

Liz Sagara

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2011
Texas
Okay. So I have a little issue. I want to get a handle on it now so that I don't end up with a massive issue later. Tested my water today it's been 4 days since I did my last water change on the tank. I tested and there wasn't any Ammonia or Nitrite but I had High Nitrate at 80 ppm. I did a 50% water change and tested again. I have 40ppm now. Should I do another 50% water change tomorrow? Never had Nitrates build up that fast. It does mean though that my filter can handle it. What are some ways to manage it between water changes?

I'll be bumping up to 50% water changes every 4 days until I get it under control. Never had a tank that was this overstocked before so it seems I need to up my game. Any advice and tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

Liz Sagara

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2011
Texas
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store