L shaped plywood build

sgibby88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2014
south jersey
lol that's great. all the stuff you suggested is nice looking choices. i got a florida lognose gar coming sat. ive wanted a gar my whole life being my uncle had one when i was growing up and i thought it was the coolest fish ever. i want a stingray to but that will have to wait until i build a bigger tank. saving up for a 150 gallon acrylic. i have to order fish being im surrounded by pets marts with crappy selections and the closest mom and pop shops don't look any better. hoping for a good experience

Athleticfisherman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2012
Canada
lol that's great. all the stuff you suggested is nice looking choices. i got a florida lognose gar coming sat. ive wanted a gar my whole life being my uncle had one when i was growing up and i thought it was the coolest fish ever. i want a stingray to but that will have to wait until i build a bigger tank. saving up for a 150 gallon acrylic. i have to order fish being im surrounded by pets marts with crappy selections and the closest mom and pop shops don't look any better. hoping for a good experience
We'll I'm from northern Ontario where the biggest pet store is pet value witch carries, goldfish, electric yellow cichlids, betta fish and oscars. The closest place I can get a stingray is 7 hours away. Life's hard going monster up here lol. Our weather is bellow freezing for about 7 months out of the year also, so shipping is always iffy lol

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

sgibby88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2014
south jersey
i hear ya. i was suppose to get my gar last sat but the company called me Friday as we were getting nailed with snow saying that they prefer to not ship the gar due to the extremely cold weather and conditions and that they would if i wanted them to but the guarantee of this fish arriving alive would be voided do to my negligence so we worked out a new date and it should be arriving this sat being its suppose to be warmer. all i know is im happier than a kid in a toy store i cant wait for this fella to get here lol

Athleticfisherman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2012
Canada
i hear ya. i was suppose to get my gar last sat but the company called me Friday as we were getting nailed with snow saying that they prefer to not ship the gar due to the extremely cold weather and conditions and that they would if i wanted them to but the guarantee of this fish arriving alive would be voided do to my negligence so we worked out a new date and it should be arriving this sat being its suppose to be warmer. all i know is im happier than a kid in a toy store i cant wait for this fella to get here lol
Just ordered 2 12" Florida gars for 48$ a piece from a good friend that recently started their own business. Will most likely get them in on Friday. :)

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
This tank is going to be bad a**!:headbang2

Athleticfisherman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2012
Canada
Quick update,

Just gar two 12" gars, they are currently in my 55 gallon until my tank is ready
Decided to stain and varnish the outside of my tank to make it pretty and waterproof it
Just got the pond armor in the mail

Will post pics soon :p

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Awesome build. Good luck with it. Keep posting pictures. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store