L shaped plywood build

kevinp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2013
South Africa
Nice looking Tank, at some point in the distant future I would like to do an L shaped tank, Unfortunately the current layout of my house does not really have
any space (or permission from my wife) for a large tank L shaped or not.
So I will be starting a boring old 12 foot by 31 by 31 rectangle build tomorrow. Because of the extra size I will adding some internal bracing to my design.

What thickness ply and what size / type of screws are you using.

Also from the pictures it looks like the screws go into the end grain of the ply.
I would be a little concerned that this might cause the ply to split but this is gut feeling.
So I am not sure if I should only screw into my internal bracing or into the end grain too.
Have you seen any builds that use your method ?

corn fed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2014
Nebraska
Nice!!! I can't remember but did you stain the front or cover it in epoxy to make it nice and shiny? When are you thinking about the test fill?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Athleticfisherman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2012
Canada
Nice!!! I can't remember but did you stain the front or cover it in epoxy to make it nice and shiny? When are you thinking about the test fill?

I stained and varnished the entire outer tank to make it water resistant, I'm going to be test filling it within the next week or so and will most likely be adding 10 gallons of water for 20 days while I build the stand.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

corn fed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2014
Nebraska
What happened to the Florida gars? This may be an appropriate grow out tank for an aro but I don't think it's appropriate for life. Just my 2¢.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store