Largemouth Bass tank requirments

trick1441

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Minnesota
lol..

I do it regularly.

I really want to raise some muskies, smoked musky is 10x better than smoked wild caught Alaskan salmon, but I just can't bring myself to keep any muskies I catch, they're too few in number to justify keeping any.
You're not supposed to eat the fish or release a fish that you have had in a aquarium. You ever think about all the chemicals you put In that tank that stays in a fish for a long time now it's in you good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jpac716

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2011
Live Oak, Florida
you don't know that you don't necessarily need chemicals to do a water change? as long as you're on a well or your city doesn't use chloramines, you're fine without.
Exactly I have a well that is drilled into the Florida aquifer and I have no filtration on my water either so all I do is fill it with hose water.

trick1441

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Minnesota
Exactly I have a well that is drilled into the Florida aquifer and I have no filtration on my water either so all I do is fill it with hose water.
I guess go for it haha! I have to use chemicals and I still don't think it's the best thing for ya since tanks are relatively small compared to a lake.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ShipOfFools37

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2008
The Land of Pleasant Living.
I mean, it's not like lakes/bays/canals are exactly clean water sources, and if you're eating WC fish....

At least you know what kind of chemicals are going into your tank, think about all of the unknowns in a body of water. I'd be less concerned about the chemicals in the water and more concerned that the fish probably won't taste as good since they're (probably) eating some kind of store bought food or feeders. However, if you're lucky enough to raise a LMB on a diet of natural foods....that could be tasty.

carolinyens

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2009
butner,nc
When I was younger, elementary school, my dad knew a guy that housed an LMB in a 55gal. This is obviously not big enough for a mule but he raised it to 6lb when it died. As it got bigger, it was aw striking and sad seeing such a big bass in that little tank. So yea roll with it just keep in mind the goldfish effect doesnt work with LMB they get BIG. Post some pics from time to time:headbang2

shamboner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2008
FL
Ive grown out 6 LMB from a 55gal and they ended up in my outdoor pond. I get them from a farm at about an inch. Super cool fish to raise!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store