LED Advice

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
Day 1 with the new light. I'm happy. The new fixture fits nicely between the existing two, and it doesn't look as crazy as 3 fixtures sounds.My fish look great and the tank looks bright. Let's see what the plants think.
Picturesssss :p

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Bummed out again. I didn't get the.fixture I researched and thought I was getting. The difference is a stupid "+" I HATE THAT!!! So I figured I paid too much AND Im not getting the light I thought I was :/

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Wait, you got then a satellite and not a satellite+? Idk the difference between them, might want to do some research or return the thing. That sucks to hear :\
Exactly... And I bought it where they sit on your shoulder and ask you what you're going to buy,no receipt, they know me in there but you know...:wall:

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York

Here ya go FMA4ME.

Now, here's what I want to say about your tank. You might want to change the background to a single solid color, as from the pics its a little annoying to tell what is actually a plant and what is actually the background lol

As far as the plants themselves go, once you change the background, you might feel it looks spare. That then would be your sign to add more java fern (which is the #1 plant I recommend for you). If you want, I'd consider spicing it up a little and getting different java fern varieties, like windelov, narrow leaf, and trident, to create some variety in the flora of your tank. Anubias and African Fern also work well and might be left alone.

As for stem plants, perhaps try hygrophilia corymbosa. Its a nice, rugged plant and it should grow well in your lighting level. Try out various sword species and apongetons as well as crypts. Crinums, I hear, also do nicely with things like severums. They are also just pretty plants in general.

If you'd like, sometime in the next few weeks I could let you know what plants I'll be selling that might work out in your setup.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Thanks so much for your help HH!:D That's exactly what I'll probably do, try various Java Ferns and Anubias. I look forward to seeing what your recommendations look like.
lol, what you said about the background never occurred to me till now.hmmm....
Thanks for posting my pictures also, Im the worst at getting pictures to work :)

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
2 days with my new light and ALL the plants have responded with new growth! Yaay:D

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
:( Me and my big mouth. My dwarf cichlid died. It's the one in the picture with one of my fat albino cory. That picture is only about 48 hrs old:/
R.I.P Checky
Someone also has developed a taste for neons :c

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
After my dear ol'hubby gets it up and going and with everything I want I'll start a thread on it ;)

Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 12 gilled babies
Didn't see the hat till today, NICE!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store