leo price

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
basically i need to know what is the average growth rate of them...and no b.s. comments as i may be newer to rays but not to fish....

daphilster08

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
St. Paul/Duluth(college) MN
Wow man I love forest lake pets. I visit them a few times a month even though they are like 30 min away! And I will wait to some one more experienced to speak, but I think that 2 motoros and 2 leos alone in a 180 is to small. Good luck on getting them man! Tell them to order a couple extra so I can stop down! :headbang2

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
leos grow very fast. i have leos just over 1 yr old and they are about 15" accross

leos wouldnt last 6 months in a 180 IMO. but also depends on how clean u keep the water and how much u feed.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
MN Stingray;3837571; said:
If Rich can get you 10" leo's for that price ? tell him i'll pick up some too.
i didn't get to talk to rich i talked to the heaver set short hair guy, but that was what he said...their price was $400+ shipping and their %

vamptrev;3837688; said:
leos grow very fast. i have leos just over 1 yr old and they are about 15" accross

leos wouldnt last 6 months in a 180 IMO. but also depends on how clean u keep the water and how much u feed.
ok...

Gshock;3837756; said:
Sbuse, you're not seriously thinking about bringing in a pair of $1000 fish and dumping them in a tank with 3 other new non-quarantined wild caught retics are you?
my retics are in a tank to themselves and they have all been treated and are doing great...i didn't quarantine them cause they all had to be treated anyway...now any new commers would be qted as these ones i have are heathy and parasite free...the leos would be in a diff. tank...i will check back when i have the 300gal to see if they can still get them...

MN Stingray

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2008
Minnesota
Im not sure who you talked too,but i would definatly go back there and talk to rich himself before getting your hopes up on something i dont think they will be able to do.You cant even get them from Brazil at that price for a 8" leo let alone a 10" one.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
180 gallon is a waste of time when you're talking 10" rays. You have to understand water chemistry in regards to rays before you're going to understand tank size. A 180 with 2 10 inch rays being properly fed with adequate filtration is still going to require daily WCs to keep Nitrates in check. Now use that 180 with a 180 gallon sump and maybe you can get by doing WCs every other day......

It's up to you. You can keep rays, or you can keep them properly. I gaurentee you 5 years into keeping them you will wish you kept them properly the entire time.

Even in a 300 gallon growout housing 4 Marbles that are 7-9 inches and overkill filtration I still change half the water 3-4 times a week.

Take it from someone that has rays and a rental house..... IT SUCKS. Would be so much easier to have rays in a house that you own and can modify accordingly. In my opinonn it's silly to have rays without running drip systems. It's a pain to run drips without modifying the house.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
MN Stingray;3837847; said:
Im not sure who you talked too,but i would definatly go back there and talk to rich himself before getting your hopes up on something i dont think they will be able to do.You cant even get them from Brazil at that price for a 8" leo let alone a 10" one.
i don't think it is to far off as i saw a website that had 8" for $1200 and rich is a wholesaler aswell as a store and they get everything direct so it is dirt cheap...they make alot of cash off of all there fish...i know i should talk to him directly if i do try to order from them or atleast his son(i forgot his name)...i will try and find the website again...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store