Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Will post it, of course, if i attempt it

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Not sure if someone posted about it yet, but the whole "6th grader with new info" is fake. She cheated. This is not new info for most people. The research was copied from an already published paper done by a guy local to me in South FL.
We've been seeing lions creeping into FW for awhile, and I've only lived in FL a little over 5 years.

In one of her interviews she talked about wanting to do a project to discover if lions could sting after they were dead. Yes. They can. We already know that as well. All you have to do to find that out (or the whole FW concept) is type it into Google.

The guy who did the original study that was copied (Zak Jud) has spoken up about it. This little girl and her family are learning a hard lesson about trying to steal someone else's work. It's heart breaking, but the harsh reality is that the story only became popular when people thought a kid did the work. Nobody cared when a PhD candidate published the same info.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
At last the girl story has got more attention from the public and they did become more aware of the lionfish invading into brackish and freshwater. I did saw the published papers on lionfish and their tolerance a little while ago.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
I already found that out, Matt. Saw the other guys study.

I pity the girl.,she is not of an age to decide. Her Father led her the wrong way...
Hope the world forgets this fluke and the little girl can get back to normalcy.

Sad.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
I also am skeptical that the father (a PhD in fish ecology who lives in FL) wasn't aware that lion fish could tolerate FW, especially when it has been reported the father is friends with the professor that Zak worked under while doing the research.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store