Live rock?

carsona246

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2009
Arkansas
so live rock is just the easiest way to introduce beneficial inverts to a tank? I'm having a little trouble figuring out why it's so essential in saltwater tanks

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
carsona246;4362787; said:
so live rock is just the easiest way to introduce beneficial inverts to a tank? I'm having a little trouble figuring out why it's so essential in saltwater tanks
yes it is the easiest way to do so. It's also because there is more important things than benificial bacteria. The micro organisms are super important, and they can be brought in through live sand or live rock. Thats why i spend money on the sand and buy one nice piece of live rock and make my own rock

carsona246

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2009
Arkansas
Ok, that makes sense, so if you were going to start a saltwater tank and you had plenty of time to cycle it. All you would need to do is buy a few pounds of nice live rock, and cheap rock for the rest and just allow the micro organism to reproduce till all the rock is live? Just making sure I'm understanding this right

carsona246

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2009
Arkansas
Lol, thanks for explaining all this to me. I've been pretty confused about it for a while now. Makes a lot more sense now

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store