Live rock?

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
TheCanuck;4362866; said:
I am in carrollton as well, castle hills to be exact.

Dallas north is my lfs

let me know if you ever need any help ;)
So what your saying is that if you give me your exact physical address, I am welcome to visit you whenever?

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
Heathd;4362914; said:
So what your saying is that if you give me your exact physical address, I am welcome to visit you whenever?
haha well, i am usually around and don't mind helping with fish stuff. I mean i like setting up tanks and cleaning them more than sitting in front of them ;)

But yea anytime you need help or want to come check out the tank just shoot me a pm

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
After a quick skim of the thread, once again TheCanuck is correct live rock in the sence of the store baught stuff is a money grab for importers, only a few pounds is needed to seed a whole tank and "fake" live rock whether its lace rock or DIY aragocrete its all good once the tank cycles. People tote that live rock is "the" source of biofiltration but thats just not the case, the sandbed does almost all if not all the important biofiltration as the sand bed contains a heck of alot more bacteria.

Live rock ("real" or fake" or the sand bed) does not get ride of nitrates, it eliminates ammonia and nitrites (highly toxic), changing them into a less toxic chemical known as nitrates, these are then used by macro/micro algaes to grow. So adding live rock wont get rid of these things as some people say but it will make them a little less toxic and a little more removable by the macro algaes in a fuge.

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
Kevin8888;4362942; said:
After a quick skim of the thread, once again TheCanuck is correct live rock in the sence of the store baught stuff is a money grab for importers, only a few pounds is needed to seed a whole tank and "fake" live rock whether its lace rock or DIY aragocrete its all good once the tank cycles. People tote that live rock is "the" source of biofiltration but thats just not the case, the sandbed does almost all if not all the important biofiltration as the sand bed contains a heck of alot more bacteria.

Live rock ("real" or fake" or the sand bed) does not get ride of nitrates, it eliminates ammonia and nitrites (highly toxic), changing them into a less toxic chemical known as nitrates, these are then used by macro/micro algaes to grow. So adding live rock wont get rid of these things as some people say but it will make them a little less toxic and a little more removable by the macro algaes in a fuge.

kevin likes men :naughty:

BigO6687

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2010
banana land

carsona246

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2009
Arkansas
Yea i went to hebron too, graduated 3 years ago. I'm 20 now. It was a pretty sweet school, loved the cross country team. I think u must have been in my sisters graduating class

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
carsona246;4363102; said:
Yea i went to hebron too, graduated 3 years ago. I'm 20 now. It was a pretty sweet school, loved the cross country team. I think u must have been in my sisters graduating class
yea all my friends graduated a long time ago, brent fugit, shane straw, aaron hamner, harrison crow, they are all your age or a year older.

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Kevin8888;4364079; said:
???? firstly I don't... secondly no idea what your getting that from bro. lol
Wait, you dont?

Then I guess all those things we exchanges in private messages meant nothing :irked:!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store