Not open for further replies.

superleggera123

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2009
Toronto
^i agree..
IMO HIKARI IS THE BEST>>>>
i got a 1.5 inch jag 2 weeks ago.. he eats bloodworms and hikari gold and guess what he grew an inch..
LIKE I SAID
vary the diet.. mix it up but feeders are too risky unless u breed them..
i love my fish to much to let them die..
and anywayz people who buy high quality pellets know that it can be expensive.. WAY more then feeders...

1. Hikari Cichlid Gold is an excellent daily diet for larger tropical fish whose vivid coloration has become washed out. Also an excellent choice for fish who require higher protein levels.
  2. Expect excellent growth rates through improved digestion and superior form compliments of the balanced nutrition.
  3. State-of-the-art Bio-Technology allows us include the highest grade of carotenoid available today. Hikari Cichlid Gold offers superior color enhancing capacity while helping your pet retain their beauty year round.
  4. High in stabilized vitamin C which promotes resistance to stress and immunity to infectious disease thereby allowing your pet their best chance at maintaining good health.
  5. This floating pellet will not dissolve or cloud your aquarium water.
i got that of the hikari website.. its hikari gold

Columbian Shark Catfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
California
Deaths Sting;3204360; said:
a varied diet is best!
:iagree: i was just going to say that :)
Hikari pellets are the best in my opinion. :D

I would probably feed them pellets everyday and once or twice a week live

superleggera123

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2009
Toronto
ok according to the HIKARI WEBSITE...
massivore is better than live food

1. Superior Benefits Over Live Foods: Specially developed for the needs of most carnivorous fish, without the potential for parasite or bacteria transfer common with live foods. Offers complete and balanced nutrition with higher levels of the vitamins and minerals your pet needs.
  2. Extremely Palatable: Developed after extensive study and analysis of the sense of sight, smell and taste of numerous carnivorous fish. Inclusion of key ingredients like DL-methionine and L-lysine allow us to produce a food most larger carnivorous fish are eager to eat.
  3. An X-Large Pellet Big Fish Love: A porous pellet that softens quickly by rapidly absorbing water. This nugget sized pellet will satisfy the hunger of your monster fish by retaining its shape. Best of all it will never cloud or negatively impact your pet’s water.
  4. Natural Beauty They Desire: To promote the development of brilliant colors in fish who’s natural environment is exposed to higher levels of UV from the sun, we include the highest grade of carotenoid we could develop through modern bio-technology. Now your fish can look as good as you expected them to, always!
    *Test Goldfish were approximately 1.3g total body weight.
  5. The perfect live food alternative for larger carnivorous fish or bottom feeding monster fishes. Each sinking pellet contains the calories of 1.8 goldfish. Offers superb palatability and promotes healthy form and vibrant colors.

Deaths Sting

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
Columbian Shark Catfish;3205807; said:
:iagree: i was just going to say that :)
Hikari pellets are the best in my opinion. :D

I would probably feed them pellets everyday and once or twice a week live
+ 1 :headbang2

superleggera123;3205975; said:
nothing beats HIKARI...
+ 1:headbang2

swede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
ןɟ 'opuɐןɹo ɹɐǝu
superleggera123;3205997; said:
ok according to the HIKARI WEBSITE...
massivore is better than live food

1. Superior Benefits Over Live Foods: Specially developed for the needs of most carnivorous fish, without the potential for parasite or bacteria transfer common with live foods. Offers complete and balanced nutrition with higher levels of the vitamins and minerals your pet needs.
  2. Extremely Palatable: Developed after extensive study and analysis of the sense of sight, smell and taste of numerous carnivorous fish. Inclusion of key ingredients like DL-methionine and L-lysine allow us to produce a food most larger carnivorous fish are eager to eat.
  3. An X-Large Pellet Big Fish Love: A porous pellet that softens quickly by rapidly absorbing water. This nugget sized pellet will satisfy the hunger of your monster fish by retaining its shape. Best of all it will never cloud or negatively impact your pet’s water.
  4. Natural Beauty They Desire: To promote the development of brilliant colors in fish who’s natural environment is exposed to higher levels of UV from the sun, we include the highest grade of carotenoid we could develop through modern bio-technology. Now your fish can look as good as you expected them to, always!
    *Test Goldfish were approximately 1.3g total body weight.
of course the hikari website will claim its better than live though since hikari doesn't sell live. not arguing against what they say, just pointing out the biased views they have

superleggera123

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2009
Toronto
well... i trust hikari and i see the results every day!!!
Hikari wont lie about their products.!
massivore is proven to give better growth rate than feeders

swede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
ןɟ 'opuɐןɹo ɹɐǝu
i use hikari too. i have hikari gold for my africans among other things

Deaths Sting

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
swede;3206009; said:
of course the hikari website will claim its better than live though since hikari doesn't sell live. not arguing against what they say, just pointing out the biased views they have
yah, they really like to toot their own horn... lol

but, its all true:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store