Long tanks low volume

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
ya :p lol and its gona go on the small table at the end of my bed. im goan keep a close eye on them.
Sorry for the very long time to reply on the glass size, its 3cm thick; just measured there.

Thought I'd revisit this thread, as the tank I mentioned earlier has been cycled, planted and wood added for a month or so now, and is stocked with two fancy goldfish.

Debating moving them up a tank, and using this low one for something else, can anyone suggest stocking?

It's currently open topped which I like, but if I get other fish, I'm likely going to have to get a glass lid to prevent jumping, or lower the water level a bit.

I'm thinking a shoal of wild caught green neons just now, opinions welcome.

Or a shoal of small egg laying fish. Interested in any really lol

IMG_20151213_201448.jpg

IMG_20151213_201517.jpg

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
Try bloodfin tetras - they school so tightly they would look great zipping up and down that length. Don't overlook them because they are a bit plain, - the schooling really makes up for that and in person their colors have a very nice subtle beauty. Harlequin rasboras are great too.

Reactions: convict360

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
Or do a school of like 100 pygmy cories - they school really well and swim more mid water level. They are so tiny you put put a TON in there and it could be very visually impacting.

Reactions: shrimpaholich

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Or do a school of like 100 pygmy cories - they school really well and swim more mid water level. They are so tiny you put put a TON in there and it could be very visually impacting.
I was thinking about the pgymies now that you mention! :) my mate has a shop tank full of them that I'd be able to get

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
these types of tank are awesome,

i have a wired tank that's 39" long 26" deep and only 12" high, i have my bumblebee jelly cats, angel's and a few others in there and it makes an awesome planted tank, i have it set up by a window and thats all the light it has.

Reactions: convict360

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
these types of tank are awesome,

i have a wired tank that's 39" long 26" deep and only 12" high, i have my bumblebee jelly cats, angel's and a few others in there and it makes an awesome planted tank, i have it set up by a window and thats all the light it has.

I dearly love angels, would love to have a pair at some point again

That's also really cool dimensions!

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
that the pair up front but there is a third who keeps himself to himself, they do spawn but at the moment i'm not set up to take them out and the parents love to eat there own.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
check this out, found this randomly but could be a very cool idea; would also elminate the need for a hood if i go the small fish route such as minnows:

Reactions: Fat Homer
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store