LOOKING FOR FISH THAT HAVE OUTGROWN YOUR TANKS, HAS TO BE AT LEAST 10"+

Status
Not open for further replies.

cichlasomaphobe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2009
midwest and FL
Sigh. I have to point out MY EXPERIENCE only. I had a 500, 4x8 footprint (that's 32 square feetof floor) and a 100 gallon sump. His waste made maintenance more than tedious, it was disgusting: feces surpassed in nastiness only when I obtained a 14 lb savannah monitor. He was not a good pet, yes he was huge and visitors offered to filet him, turn him loose or feed him rats. He wasn't even pretty at 28lbs. Do whatever you want with your fish tank, we can still do that until legislated out of existence, just think about a year or 2 down the road. Mine was impossible to re-home even though free, and dream on about the TN, Shedd, NY aquarium wanting him. Mine solved my problem by dismantling his pond pump for Saturday evening fun, no more air for him. Just sayin', man. It ain't all about size, if you like 'em, keep 'em. Then build a pond. You'll need it and your fish will love you. And spend a grand on a filter.

ECarbonel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2007
hotsauce;3347162; said:
i guess i better not show up at the socal meet, i may be beaten to death! with 10gal tanks. i know my tank is not the long term answer to my keeping my fish thats why they just poured the concrete in the backyard.
:ROFL::thumbsup:

hotsauce

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2008
san diego
believe bro i know and thats why im even posting on this site. i spend alot of money and time on my fish and knew what i got into when i drove 2 hours to pick them up. no hard feelings just always so baffled by society today, so quick to judge without knowing what is really going.

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
if you are building a huge pond then I applaud you for giving them homes...

but chill.......

at least you know the TANK is too small

Iffrat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2009
Dallas Texas
yup .. always have to tell them about future plans or they will flame you into oblivion ... and after being here 5 min i found that the people here are about as rude as i have ever seen .. and the information is only free if you can deal with the heat ... so take what you want from the post .. ignore the rest .. and you will have a much better experience here

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
Iffrat;3347229;3347229 said:
yup .. always have to tell them about future plans or they will flame you into oblivion ... and after being here 5 min i found that the people here are about as rude as i have ever seen .. and the information is only free if you can deal with the heat ... so take what you want from the post .. ignore the rest .. and you will have a much better experience here
:ROFL: thats sounds brutal haha it aint that bad. a little common sense goes a loooooong way

Iffrat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2009
Dallas Texas
jcardona1;3347242; said:
:ROFL: thats sounds brutal haha it aint that bad. a little common sense goes a loooooong way
LIES!!!

it is that bad .. enough that i dont post a lot of questions that i have because i dont feel like dealing with the prick ass comments about the search function and how horrible of a person i am .. and how i need to play in traffic and be kept in a 3x3 foot box for life and so on and so on .. and so on .. AHHHH ..

and thats just the first post .. :naughty:

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
lolol i mean do you really expect me to say oh heres my 18" widebar it got a little big for my 180 so you can have it, i dont understand why you want 10" fish to go in a huge pond, the only fish anyone will offer you on this thread is pacus guarenteed
sorry if i come off negative but the vibe of the first 1.5 pages of this thread is screaming hyper angry rage ;)

wright4lfe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2005
you can buy my 20in temensis bass for 75 bucks if you want...check my threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store