Looks like a rod coming out side of mouth and under jaw

Horsechick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2015
I'm not sure what this is or how to treat it. Getting bigger and not smaller.

Any tips?

_20160426_222656.JPG

Horsechick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2015
Color is good but, while always a shy fish, hiding more than normal.

No other fish have issues, he's had it about a week. No new fish, etc.

Horsechick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2015
Leaning more and more towards lymphocystis. I think there is now a bump on his body by his anal fin, another bump in his mouth, and a bump between the two bumps you can see in above picture. The white part fell off and all that is left are two pink lumps.

Horsechick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2015
(There isn't much fighting in this tank. Only one other fish is as big as he is/slightly bigger and it is an African that doesn't fight the same way.)

I am concerned that he is still hiding a lot, but I guess it is what it is. I hope he makes it.

Bobbybillymike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2016
Richmond
I've been dealing with lymphocystis for some time in my tank. The fish can eventually get over it and build up an immunity to the virus so future outbreaks aren't as bad. The problem with your fish is that the sores are so close to its gills. If It does spread to the gills than the chances of recovery go down. There's really nothing you can treat it with because there's no cure, but keeping stress to a minimum should help. I've read that stress is a big contributor to these kind of outbreaks. So make sure the water is clean, add some salt and make sure it's not getting bullied by tank mates.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store