Lowering a center over flow tower in a 8X3X4 720 Gallon

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
cutting holes would work then if you wanted to raise it you could put a pipe in up to the level that you want it to be. may i ask why you want to lower 12"
Mostly I was thinking the tank should be thicker acrylic and if anything went wrong I would be in trouble. Also my Armatus is a jumper and lowering it will help his issues. Might just lower 6 inches to relieve some pressure. Thanks again for your advice.

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
U could just cut it right off then if you ever do go 4 high order the 12 inch or so sheet and re-glue it to the old one? Pretty sure you can do that with acrylic.
^^ I would use an angel grinder to cut it from the front on stop maybe 10mm from the back wall of the tank, I imagine you will have to run a razor down the back wall of the tank to get the glue off if its even possible, Once its loss cut the extra 10mm off with a jigsaw blade. saves you putting a nice slit in the back of your tank. then we have issues...

If you do want to go all 4ft, I would weld a frame around the tanks base and top, trick is to make it a few mm to big and really pack it with a glue (not sure what glue for acrylic) then add the rods as wednesday suggests. I dont think the tank will pop then! else the acrylic is very under sized and the pressure causes the acrylic to crack xD!
Thanks bro I like the idea of actually cutting the tower down a little.

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
I wouldn't mess with it man. I know people got you worried about the tank being 48" tall 1" thick. You say it had been running for 7 years before you got it. I don't see why now its going to be problem. You may get some bowing my 30" tall 1/2" thick tank gets bowing and its been running for over 15 years
I am thinking a lot of just lowering the tower 6 inches and not reenforcing the tank like you are saying. I also have a 30" high 300 that has 1/2" standard thickness and that thing is bulletproof. If the 720 tank is lowered a little I feel it will help with pressure and Armatus jump antics.
Especially since my legendary bro with the plan is in Ohio.
Just thinking it will mess with the integrity of the tank in the future if I wanted to upgrade to a longer tank for my Armatus and sell the 720. I think my Armatus at 30+ inches next year would need a 12x4x4 1200 gallon tank.
If I did not do the rods perfect the tank would look like it leaked in the past. I could always suggest to the new buyer it can be reenforced very easily in the future if it started to bow. When I checked out the tank it was a salt water tank with hundreds of pounds of coral and filled to the top. I did not even see any bowing. Maybe a half inch.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store