www.Facebook.com

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
image(1).jpeg

The overflow sits in the middle its 4 feet tall by 1 foot wide.

I am thinking of getting a couple of those pumps the sp4/sp6 or the Laguna 2400/2900.

Now I have 3 little giants ready to go they only do 1200 or so gph and use lots of electricity. Might end up changing them out after set up.

image(1).jpeg

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
Anybody give advice on the 2 holes drilled on the bottom of each side. I know one goes to the sump and one goes to a return pump. My question is when the electricity goes out or something malfunctions what is in place to stop all the water from leaking out?
My other tanks have overflows but the returns and overflows are all pipes that sit close to the waters edge. To be safe can I just add pipes to these bulkhead holes and then run a powerful power head on the bottom to stir the bottom up?

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
Gonna do the whole thing using 1 return pump split into 2 going to both sides of the tower and then just another internal pump for circulation/current and plugging those 2 holes on the bottom up on both sides of the tank! Gonna go ahead and drill 4X 1" holes and use bulkheads and strainers to lower the tower 6-8 inches. I am gonna fill the tower full of bio balls. I am gonna add 10 pounds of Eheim substrate on the bottom of the sump then cover with bio balls. Got the Prime, stability, discus buffer, Amazon rain!
Substrate is already seeded, gonna do a water change on my other fish tanks and pump almost 400 gallons of good water into the tank.
How long should I wait before putting the Armatus and any other ideas would be very appreciated MFK.
I will be taking accurate measurements on my Black Ghost Knife and Armatus and I cant wait to see the size. I am estimating Armatus is at 22"+ and BGK 16-17"!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store