Male Blue Convict? PICS

Mavrick813

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2010
Hamilton, NJ
I was actually hoping that the Blue Male and Pink Female I have would give me a 59/59 chance of Pjnk or Blue Babies.... Your literature says that's not gonna happen.
My Blue Male is a lot more stunning so in order to get blue babies I suppose I should ditch the Pink Con and go get a batch of Blue convict / HRP and keel the one my boy pairs off with

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I was actually hoping that the Blue Male and Pink Female I have would give me a 59/59 chance of Pjnk or Blue Babies.... Your literature says that's not gonna happen.
My Blue Male is a lot more stunning so in order to get blue babies I suppose I should ditch the Pink Con and go get a batch of Blue convict / HRP and keel the one my boy pairs off with
I wouldn't "ditch" any of them, I would simply find a strikingly beautiful female Blue (I know them as "Black Convicts") for your Blue male and find either a Pink male or a Male with at least ONE Pink parent to breed to your Pink female.

Why not have the best of both worlds? Break it down more, go with 3 pairs and the last one pure-blood HRPs.

THEN, you can have fun pairing the unrelated babies for the next generation and not have to worry about inbreeding FTMP

At the rate Convicts breed, your "free-swimmers" could be producing Pink offspring by June....maybe even earliier

Reactions: Mavrick813

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
That all sounds good in theory. But these fish are already seriously outnumbered in a very crowded 265g Oscar tank.
Bro, I got a pair of 2" Convicts in a 20Long filled with caves, gravel, a buncha fake plants and a sponge filter....convicts are the LEAST demanding fish I ever kept. Kittiee Katt Kittiee Katt said she had hers breed OUTSIDE in near FREEZING temperatures.

They're an incredibly resilient, undemanding species and among the nastiest attitude in the fish world, size-for-size

Mavrick813

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2010
Hamilton, NJ
I would agree about the cons, I had a 180g for 9 years with 4 Oscars, a breeding pair of Cons, 20 Giant Danios, and an assortment of Plecos.

The Cons had their cave and made babies.

The Os kept the Con Population around 7-10 free swimmers at any given time

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I would agree about the cons, I had a 180g for 9 years with 4 Oscars, a breeding pair of Cons, 20 Giant Danios, and an assortment of Plecos.

The Cons had their cave and made babies.

The Os kept the Con Population around 7-10 free swimmers at any given time
that's what I need to get, Giant Danios.....these Zebras bore the heck outta me. Sometimes PetSmart has them on sale for $1/ea.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
nice convict, or HRP; whichever lol. Looks like a kind of parrot shape mouth there too, might be some ancestry in there...

Reactions: ehh

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Bro, I got a pair of 2" Convicts in a 20Long filled with caves, gravel, a buncha fake plants and a sponge filter....convicts are the LEAST demanding fish I ever kept. Kittiee Katt Kittiee Katt said she had hers breed OUTSIDE in near FREEZING temperatures.

They're an incredibly resilient, undemanding species and among the nastiest attitude in the fish world, size-for-size
Kittiee Katt Kittiee Katt - please tell me you didn't just NOW get this alert for the 1st time....This has gotta be 2 weeks old

It matters....I have been talking with member and staff alike about technical and diagnostic issues we may be having lately. You experience some yourself?

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Kittiee Katt Kittiee Katt - please tell me you didn't just NOW get this alert for the 1st time....This has gotta be 2 weeks old
I technically didn't get an alert at all for the first one, I was reading another thread and you linked this thread in it so I followed the link, then came across my name. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store