Marble Mania!

Which do you prefer the light or dark marbles?

• Light

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Dark

Votes: 18 39.1%

• Total voters

hbluehunter

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Lynnwood, Wa.
I've always liked the Light ones but all 3 of mine are dark.. Still on the search for a big enough light phase.. :)

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Gr8KarmaSF;4123680; said:
Anybody else have this experience? :confused:

If so, lets figure out at what size this occurs? At what size did your light go dark? :eek:

Whats the biggest light phase marble people have seen? :popcorn:
TRUTH.

VERY rare for them to stay light. 3-4 years old is my guess. I have several that have been in the hobby for years and there is definetly truth to them darkening up. The ray in "Spotfin's" avatar is dark now. Duckman's old female darkened up. However I do have a few that stayed light, one being one of JimRs ladies, she's about 16 across. She's lighter but not the typical idea of light phase, got a different style of pattern to her.

My experience Marbles peak at 9-12 inches. If they hit 15" and are still light please send them my way.... :D

Light ones turn dark but the nice ones will take on a "Pearl" type look to them.

Not joining the dark side....:ROFL: I like the lighter ones. :drool:

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
DB junkie;4124379; said:
However I do have a few that stayed light, one being one of JimRs ladies, she's about 16 across. She's lighter but not the typical idea of light phase, got a different style of pattern to her.

My experience Marbles peak at 9-12 inches. If they hit 15" and are still light please send them my way.... :D

Light ones turn dark but the nice ones will take on a "Pearl" type look to them.

So whats the difference in the one that stayed light and the ones that turned dark? Envorinment the same? Genetic? Collection point? Perhaps its the rays temperment and personality? She more relaxed?

torres

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2008
East
sebarau;4011714; said:
one of the best i think... beside Mr. Aquaman45 collection i guest... above is one of the best i've have seen... is a certain type diffrently from orinoco.... will not turn dark easily... and i personally think if light base marble will stay light base even do you put her in dark environment (she will turn dark) and if you change it back to light environment she will return back to light base.... try yourself :D

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
^ Size?

Lets find the biggest STABLE light phase! ;)

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
DB junkie;4124379; said:
TRUTH.

VERY rare for them to stay light. 3-4 years old is my guess. I have several that have been in the hobby for years and there is definetly truth to them darkening up. The ray in "Spotfin's" avatar is dark now. Duckman's old female darkened up. However I do have a few that stayed light, one being one of JimRs ladies, she's about 16 across. She's lighter but not the typical idea of light phase, got a different style of pattern to her.

Has she changed (lightened) with the substrate you added?

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
I have just put down my deposit for a AAA Marble and that pic gets me very excited...Also getting a Pearl.

Really Nice Ray in your pic and if mine turns out 50% as good as that I will be over the moon and having seen the parents it shoudl give yours a good run for the money. :headbang2

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
All nice rays BUT we need the sizes, lets see the biggest stable light phase!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store