Marine killed in SWAT raid, shot 71 times...Search warrant or Death warrant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Just another reason why i'm glad i don't live in the states... way too many guns and crooks with badges who think they own the world...

RiskEE

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2010
Los Angeles
r.i.p to a fallen Marine who fought for his country

VLDesign

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2007
IL
I only call the cops when I need some paperwork filled out. Other than that they are useless and do not "protect and serve" on any level.

I would never trust one in any situation.

This is a sad story for sure. Way to many examples of wrong house, wrong info, mistaken identity, etc. etc.

Usually on stories like this the guy being served is a douche/criminal and I rarely have any sympathy. But I agree, this sounds like a classic example of a huge testosterone driven mistake.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
i'm not siding with the swat but, just trying to put myself in their shoes

if a guy is pointing an assault rifle at me, i have a wife and family to take care of, i may fire without being fired at first. i could be dead before i can yell DROP YOUR WEAPON! and if i didn't fire first, but i hear gun shot already, i may also fire thinking my guys are being shot at

but i agree on most of op's points, especially the helmet cams. camera's won't lie or recall incidents incorrectly

but they did say they found evidence related to the raid and he wasn't shot 71 times necessarily, it said they fired 71 shots

again, not siding with the swat, i'm just trying see it from all angles

i think they definitely need to make changes on how they go about raids and when it's appropriate. and wether they identified themselves first or not for right now seems to be her word against theirs

Cakilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2009
Illinois
RiskEE;5121553; said:
r.i.p to a fallen Marine who fought for his country

I Agree....

This is so Sad .

I agree with J that I think ALL swat need to wear a helmet cam , they will most likely claim its not in the "budget" , in all reality just means they can't afford all the lawsuits that they would loose....

Piscine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Northwestern Louisiana
Cakilla;5122481; said:
they will most likely claim its not in the "budget" , in all reality just means they can't afford all the lawsuits that they would loose....
I agree wholeheartedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store