Maybe a BIT expensive!

Asianleful

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Florida
I need to find a way of heating my 13,000 gallon pond. What is going to be the BEST way of keeping it warm at about 70+ degrees in central Florida weather? Most affordable way at that.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
I'm talking about the cheapest way of doing it, not a specified under amount.
Oh, okay. 13,000g is a lot of water.
I would like to know as well :popcorn:

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
You could start by building a greenhouse over top of it. Then a combination of heating the water and heating the greenhouse will probably allow you to keep the water temp elevated. 70+? Not too sure about that, and probably not cheaply either.

Chris-Chicago

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2010
Chicago IL USA Earth
Ask neighbors in the area what it costs them to heat their backyard pools. 13,000 gallons is a small back yard pool, so a pool heater would probably work, but the flow rate through those is quite high. Pump alone will probably need 20/30amp circuit (220v)

hankn

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2007
Israel
www.interall.co.il
There is no need to heat the entire pond. The fish will tend to migrate and hover in the area where the heater is working. So you can end up with only a certain small area being warm and the rest of the pond will be cold. I have seen cases where fish hover need underwater lighting due to the small amount of heat generated by them in cold ponds at night. Don't try to heat the whole pond.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store