Me and my poor fish WENT TO JAIL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
Wow,That seems harsh,Why dont they send it back to singapore after all its endagered farm.bred or not,The transportation can be covered by increasing the fine

Sent from my GT-S5360 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Why waste the money then to kill it? It's free.

In Hawaii's aquarium, we have a "no, no" exhibit. It would be alright to have one in every state, so people can at lease see a Asian arow.
Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

evilobster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2011
California
what a damn shame that they're gonna kill the fish. but that seems to be a great logic, "hey we have this farm bred endangered species fish that we confiscated because it's endangered. what should we do with it... kill it"

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
what a damn shame that they're gonna kill the fish. but that seems to be a great logic, "hey we have this farm bred endangered species fish that we confiscated because it's endangered. what should we do with it... kill it"
It's a shame that they are still coming in to the U.S. The importing of CITI restricted fish should stop some where, but if it did stop,what jobs would some have? I'm no arow freak, but this would leave to more bands, more restrictions and so on. Some people are just stupid and dumb for fish keeping.

Go grow grass if its that hard. Simple

Nabbig2

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 28, 2007
California
I'm repulsed at some of the comments here. Looks like some people aren't capable of thinking for themselves and just choose to draw their morals from the law.

OP that's unfortunate, you were foolish enough to post that you had an illegal fish on an internet forum...anyway personally I wouldn't like a penny of my tax dollars going to busting people who keep a fish in a fish tank, but oh well.

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
I won't who's the rat

Sent from my ADR6300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
FISH AND WILD LIFE monitors sites like this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you not see that in the last 50 post!!!!!

Curtis Rouse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2012
Central California
There are no hobbyist-level permits to be had for any federally banned species (like asian aros). The only permits are for legitimate research in accredited institutions. The permits are very expensive and require federal monitoring and inspections.
I see. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my mind to my fingers to my phone to the MFK servers to you

MidWestMike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2013
Lancaster, Ohio
This has been an eye opener for me, I've been thinking about getting a snakehead for sometime now. Thanks to odd ball pointing out that sticky, I now know its illegal in my state. This should be an lesson to us all, law is law, period, and ignorance is no excuse. But we all have the right to dispute a law. If there was a fish, like the Asian arowana, that was endangered yet still farm bred for the aquarium trade, one could write a letter to a congressman, or start a petition. Probably wont get you far, but it's better than going to jail, paying a fine, and having an amazing fish killed. The thing I don't get is that if these fish are being mass produced in farms, why are they still endangered, if they just released one for every two they sell, maybe they could bounce back. I've been told bala sharks are endangered in the wild, but these are a staple in every lfs I've ever stepped foot in. Just doesn't make since.

bulldovii

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fairfield, Illinois
I'm repulsed at some of the comments here. Looks like some people aren't capable of thinking for themselves and just choose to draw their morals from the law.

OP that's unfortunate, you were foolish enough to post that you had an illegal fish on an internet forum...anyway personally I wouldn't like a penny of my tax dollars going to busting people who keep a fish in a fish tank, but oh well.
+1

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store