Me and my poor fish WENT TO JAIL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
This post have bull**** all over it. He sounded like a 15 yr old attention whore LOL
No I'm pretty sure that it is legit. Just do a little facebook stalking, uh, I mean searching. Not saying that I did, but....... Dude looks much older than 15.

giant19000

Fahaka
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
THE AMAZON
Interesting how he starts a thread and does not bother to explain his situation any farther or even respond to any of the posts by now....

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Well krich I think its pretty obvious why,everybody bashed on him,now the truth we will never know wether he was telling the truth or trolling us,or heck might have been wild life undercover trying to bust someone on here that might ask if he stills has connections or could try getting them one?eh anyone ever thought about that??

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well krich I think its pretty obvious why,everybody bashed on him,now the truth we will never know wether he was telling the truth or trolling us,or heck might have been wild life undercover trying to bust someone on here that might ask if he stills has connections or could try getting them one?eh anyone ever thought about that??

LOL,so it looks like it is not that obvious with that list of possibilities youv'e ran down but if he is thin skinned and got his feelings hurt because a few total strangers called him Dum Dum then shame on him.

Nithin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2012
India

+1 We'll never know

Sent from my GT-S5360 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

hamster

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 17, 2011
Ipswich England
Why are there so many posts accusing someone of being a rat? A simple search on this site will tell you every single person who has posted about an Asian Aro. From there, all it takes is a little research.

Whether the law makes sense or not, it is still the law. If you don't like the law, work towards changing it. Going around the law just because you don't like it is rediculous. Those are the types of people that do more harm than good. Sometimes life isn't fair. A little truth, one person can ruin it for the rest of us.
I ment that the op hasn't posted again and hasn't given a lot of information on this.
I think someone be trolling.

Nithin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2012
India
Interesting how he starts a thread and does not bother to explain his situation any farther or even respond to any of the posts by now....

If he is what he claims he is then its probably shame after all these positive comments people have left him on this thread :p

Sent from my GT-S5360 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jackson

Piranha
MFK Member
May 12, 2008
Toronto
The reason they target hobbyists who buy them is to stop idiots who own LFS here in Canada from selling to the idiots who think they're above the law.

Cut off the demand and the supply.

It's not just a fish when some moron LFS owner is bringing in thousands and thousands of dollars which they don't pay taxes on.
They are screwing the system and deserve to get their asses handed to them.
Their stores are just a front and I personally can't stand anyone who doesn't pay taxes when I'm working my ass off paying taxes so their freaken kids can go to public school and get free health care.
This is all relevant to the OP's post because there is a 99.9% chance it came from Canada.

Make sense now?

Here's a guy caught a few times now who knows how many mules he has running fish for him though.
I know him personally and haven't dealt with him since I found out a few years back that he does this. I'm not a snitch so just took my business elsewhere.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...g_illegal_species_of_fish.html?app=noRedirect

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Illegal ownership has nothing to do with the laws/bans in place. The laws were instituted by people who don't have a clue about the legislation they pass. Ignorance is the biggest thief of freedom.

And there are way to many critical posts calling someone yall don't know "dumb". Get over yourselves and try to admit to your own screw ups before bashing on someone elses. I personally know of many many illegal fish in tanks "close" to me. Of course they don't post up on the www everything they have. Thats the real slip up this guy made.
Actually it has everything to do with it. Reread your first sentence again. It is illegal to own, transport, or import asian arowana. He broke the law, he pays the price. Whether you like the law or not, it is what it is. Giving the government another data point on a statistic on why they do what they do only supports the issue and drive thems to keep doing it. Same with breaking other laws. Ignoring the speed limit just tells those enforcing the law that they should keep doing it. After all, you would be the one to pay the fine.

Like I said, if you don't agree with the laws, you have two choices; change them by working to restore freedoms or ignore them and take the chance like this guy.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
The reason they target hobbyists who buy them is to stop idiots who own LFS here in Canada from selling to the idiots who think they're above the law.

Cut off the demand and the supply.

It's not just a fish when some moron LFS owner is bringing in thousands and thousands of dollars which they don't pay taxes on.
They are screwing the system and deserve to get their asses handed to them.
Their stores are just a front and I personally can't stand anyone who doesn't pay taxes when I'm working my ass off paying taxes so their freaken kids can go to public school and get free health care.
This is all relevant to the OP's post because there is a 99.9% chance it came from Canada.

Make sense now?

Here's a guy caught a few times now who knows how many mules he has running fish for him though.
I know him personally and haven't dealt with him since I found out a few years back that he does this. I'm not a snitch so just took my business elsewhere.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...g_illegal_species_of_fish.html?app=noRedirect

Funny thing about your facts. If they got imported from Canada then why can you get them cheaper illegally here then legally in Canada? Do you really think that all the farms in Asia are doing business all 100% above the table? How do you think weed and other drugs get here? Canada? Mexico? Gotta love them Mexican opium farms. It is far far above your logic. Maybe if the guy lived in a state that boarded Canada then I may agree, but to say that he went to get it from Canada or his supplier got it from Canada is ridiculous. Go watch the movie "blow" you might learn how things can get through the net.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jackson

Piranha
MFK Member
May 12, 2008
Toronto
Funny thing about your facts. If they got imported from Canada then why can you get them cheaper illegally here then legally in Canada? Do you really think that all the farms in Asia are doing business all 100% above the table? How do you think weed and other drugs get here? Canada? Mexico? Gotta love them Mexican opium farms. It is far far above your logic. Maybe if the guy lived in a state that boarded Canada then I may agree, but to say that he went to get it from Canada or his supplier got it from Canada is ridiculous. Go watch the movie "blow" you might learn how things can get through the net.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Read some actual facts and don't depend on a glorified idiotic Hollywood flick for them.

Who pays full price for smuggled goods or stolen goods? NO BODY DOES unless they are a fool

It is a lot easier to get the fish from up here and ship it between states. Just like they do up here with snake heads between provinces.

No of course I don't think all the farms are 100% selling over the table.
I've seen first hand what they ship over from there examples being turtles and tortoises.

Drugs and fish have no place in the same conversation. They are worlds apart.

Plus we don't need the American or Mexican schwag over here. It is majority locally grown and grow houses have become a real issue lowering property values in high end suburban areas. They destroy the homes and the house becomes a hazard due to mold and they become worthless.

As for opiates and all that other garbage I have no comment because I would rather not get into it.

This is about FISH not drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store